Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM

Frodo Woo who?
Frodos customs! NEW GRAVE DIGGER

I know its terrible. I have no experience in Custom making. Tell me what you think of it.

Last edited by Frodo; April 23rd, 2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: thread name change
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Custom Heroscape Card

It's not that bad. Here are my thoughts:

I like that the life is high and the movement is low- fits well with hobbits.

I like the choice of Ullar for the halfling.

I would reverse the attack and defense ratings. Hobbits are hard to kill, but they aren't the greatest warriors.

Human champion bonding is good.

The wording of "Hobbit Defense Boost" is awkward. I think your intention is for the hobbit to boos the defense of the champion, but you have an ambiguous pronoun reference, so it's not clear whose defense you're boosting. One way you can have champion bonding and still have a defense boost is to re-word it so that any human champion within ? clear sight spaces of the halfling receives one additional defense die.

The halfling's name (and you might want to name him since he's a hero) should be slightly larger, bold, and in all caps.

Go with a bold font for the characteristics on the left side of your card.

That's about it. Keep up the good work!
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Frodo Woo who?

Thanks!

My second try at a custom card. Hopefully better than my last.
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:55 AM

Frodo Woo who?

New card.
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
The wording of "Hobbit Defense Boost" is awkward. I think your intention is for the hobbit to boos the defense of the champion, but you have an ambiguous pronoun reference, so it's not clear whose defense you're boosting. One way you can have champion bonding and still have a defense boost is to re-word it so that any human champion within ? clear sight spaces of the halfling receives one additional defense die.
For Hobbit Defense Boost how about "If the halfling starts his turn adjacent to a human champion you control, add 1 to his defense" or "If the halfling starts his turn adjacent to a friendly human champion, add 1 to his defense". I think the wording is a little better in both. The first requires the champion to be one in your army, the second would allow the bonus from an ally's champion in a team game.

I'll also say that he should have a name. Either that or make him a common hero.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Frodo Woo who?

New.
Old April 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was thinking just the other day about what kind of powers Frodo could have. Here's what I came up with.

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 110

Ring of Power
After moving and before attacking, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll a 10-15, Frodo can not be attacked for 1 turn. If you roll a 16-20, Frodo can not be attacked for the remainder of the round. When Frodo uses the the Ring of Power, he loses 1 to his attack.

Mithril
When defending against a normal attack, every shield rolled counts as two.
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
For Hobbit Defense Boost how about "If the halfling starts his turn adjacent to a human champion you control, add 1 to his defense" or "If the halfling starts his turn adjacent to a friendly human champion, add 1 to his defense". I think the wording is a little better in both. The first requires the champion to be one in your army, the second would allow the bonus from an ally's champion in a team game.
I agree that adding "you control" or "friendly" is an improvement. In either case, we still need to know if "his" refers to the hobbit or the champion. If it's the hobbit's defense to which we're adding, your wording is fine, save the fact that we need to change "his" to "the hobbit's." If the intent of the rule is that the hobbit provides a defense boost to the champion, then we need a different wording. I guess it's a question of whether it's a "Hobbit Defense" Boost, or a Hobbit "Defense Boost."

Am I making any sense?
Old April 20th, 2009, 03:50 PM

The Scaped is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
I was thinking just the other day about what kind of powers Frodo could have. Here's what I came up with.

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Points 110

Ring of Power
After moving and before attacking, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll a 10-15, Frodo can not be attacked for 1 turn. If you roll a 16-20, Frodo can not be attacked for the remainder of the round. When Frodo uses the the Ring of Power, he loses 1 to his attack.

Mithril
When defending against a normal attack, every shield rolled counts as two.
You should make the Ring of Power like this- After moving and before attacking, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll a 10-15, Frodo can not be attacked 1 turn. If you roll a 16-20, Frodo can not be attacked for the remainder of the round. The Ring of Power does not occur to Ring Wraiths. When Frodo uses the the Ring of Power, he loses 1 to his attack.

I bolded the edit, this is considering you have Wraiths (goes to make card)

Frodo, your cards aren't bad at all, but here are a few tips on card making. First off, with your halfling, you should either make it a common hero, or give it a name. It sorta looks like Sam or Merry. Also, use capitol letters on the name and stats on the left side. I like your ideas, I myself am working on some LOTR units. Keep up the good work.

Want to discuss anime and manga with a friendly community? Come to DDR!
http://dokidokirevolution.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Thanks!

My second try at a custom card. Hopefully better than my last.
I like his name!

You may want to change the wording for Powerful Slash ability. I'm not sure but it seems to be saying that he has a potential for an attack of 8, which, especially for 110 points, seems over-powered.

Perhaps...
"When Alatariel attacks, if there are 2 or more wound markers on this card, he receives an extra attack die for each wound marker to a maximum of 3 additional dice."

Keep it up!
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:30 PM

Frodo Woo who?

Thanks!

New card. I think Jandar suits him well. (hes blue lol)
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM

Frodo Woo who?

Newest card. Also my favorite so far.

Any help on special abilities?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards