Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old August 6th, 2014, 05:56 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Destiny

Next-Gen graphics for the win!
.. Though that's a heck of a lot of 'Scape and X-Wing stuff that could've been bought instead if I just settled for the 360...

Oh well.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Next-Gen graphics for the win!
.. Though that's a heck of a lot of 'Scape and X-Wing stuff that could've been bought instead if I just settled for the 360...

Oh well.
One of my biggest gaming buds traded in his x360 stuff for xone. Sucks for me.

I can't justify spending a half grand for a freaking game console to my wife, and I can't really even justify it to myself. I don't know what in the world they were thinking with that price, but I knew it would be a year or two before I get it.

I'm considering begging for xone for Christmas, but I don't know. I'm perfectly happy with the 360. Graphics never bothered me, I'm just so stoked for destiny as a whole! I really want to take a vacation day to play it all day, but I don't think it's going to happen...
Old August 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, destiny fans, keep your eyes peeled for a Newsweek mag while you're out shopping, they just released a special "Destiny collector's edition" mag with like 60 pages of info on Destiny. Now, I've only just come across this thing at a local store here, and I'll be working the rest of the day, so I don't have many details past that. I briefly looked inside to see what was in there before I bought it, but it totally looks worth my $10!
Old September 9th, 2014, 05:29 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is anyone else here playing or planning to play Destiny on the PS4? My copy arrived today, but I probably won't be able to dive fully into the game until the weekend.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old September 10th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm playing.

~Aldin, aka "aldingamer"

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I'm playing.

~Aldin, aka "aldingamer"
Same!

First monster complaint: Auto rifles are still so totally OP in crucible PVP. My k/d was below 1.0 in a mix of three crucible games using the hand cannon and the scout rifle, yet the moment I swap to auto rifles, I think I went four games straight of k/d 1 .5 or greater. I even played a couple rumbles (ffa) with my awesome hand cannon, and all you see on the match updates are scrubs with auto rifles getting kills. My gosh this is by far the most frustrating thing, I feel insanely gimped using anything but auto rifles in PVP,and I've already come to the point of near boredom with PVP because of this. Time to kill is way too fast with auto rifles. It's like .75-1.25 secs, not enough time to allow any real strategic thinking to take place, IMO. Too much like call of duty, and I hate call of duty.

The rest of the game is pretty good, otherwise. I'm a little frustrated with the lack of proximity chat (was that not the most requested thing after the beta? Maybe right after nerfing auto rifles lol.) Luckily, I've found a good 5-6 people with mics throughout my adventure, although I've probably dumped a good 18 hours into the game already. It really seems like the most unsocial social game when you aren't in a party/fireteam.

I've already wrecked the story. Speed run style, didn't grab chests or nothing. Figured I'd do that at lv 20 to try to get decent loot. Not sure how far you are, Aldin, or anyone else here on scapers that has destiny, but have you looked at the costs of some of those purple legendary armors and guns at the tower vendors? They require you to get these rep points to "level up" the vendor so that they can sell it to you. Problem is, these vendors need like 3000 points to level up, and it looks like I'm getting 50 points per PVP match played, and 10-20 for each explore mission I complete. Holy freaking grind, batman.....

Notes for you guys! Raid opens up on Tuesday, the 16th! Also, Xur, agent of the nine, will be in the tower every weekend, you'll find him in the little passage where the two crucible reps are, that room before the one where all of the class vanguards are. Check Xur out! He sells exotic weapons and armor, but you need to purchase these with strange coins, and you need like 15 to just purchase one item, lol!

Wow, I need to stop this post here. Have fun, guardians!
Old September 29th, 2014, 06:30 PM

Well, the reviews for destiny aren't very hot. Seems like it gets 7/10 at best, but I think that's about right. The story missions are just plain crap, almost every mission waters down to "ride on sparrow, unleash dinklebot on this door/computer, and kill three waves of enemies." It's quite sad. That one moon mission with the sword of crota is the only one that seemed memorable to me.

The strikes are reasonably fun for the level 18-25 players, and I really like the mars/cabal and Venus/fallen strikes because they include the tanks and pikes, respectively. It's fun splattering the huge cabal freaks with the tank! Otherwise, the strikes seem like glorified story missions with a ridiculous bullet sponge boss at the end of them.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

I just played the vault of glass raid for the first time yesterday, I was fairly impressed. I don't think I used dinklebot once the whole time, so that's a decent sign. There are actually different objectives for each part of the raid. In the beginning, players have to defend three areas (imagine playing king of the hill, but with three hills, where the AI are trying to take them from you.) Next, players kill a sort of vex boss, where players have to kill oracles and new vex enemies that can "mark" you, and if you get marked, you have to run into a big white orb in the middle of the map to cleanse yourself before you get instakilled by the boss move that targets those marked players. There's even a sort of maze after that boss, where the players have to navigate the maze without being spotted by these gorgons, which one shot the whole team if they notice any of the players. There's more to the vault, I'm just stopping here. It's a gem. The only complaints I have with it are the lack of player search, and how it's kind of easy to exploit the stupid AI and camp in areas during battles to make it easier to win.

It makes me wonder why bungie didn't make the other missions anything near as unique. It's really sad that players have to hit level 26 to get to a cool mission.

So, anyone grab any exotics? I bought suros regime from xur! Apparently everyone else did, too, because all I ever get killed by in the crucible now is that freaking gun. I saw this coming, though. The first exotic auto rifle sale would invade and totally oversaturate pvp.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games