Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rumble

Great reviews Elginb! Thanks for the compliments, Our game was the most enjoyable for me that day as well. And the toughest I have played actually since GenCon. There I played my toughest game to date against Spider Poison and barley pulled out a win with the 4th mass army as well. Great day great fun, hope to see everyone!
Old October 16th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

You beat Spider_Poison?!?!?! I had no idea! My God, man, don't be shy-- shout it from the mountain top!!!!

Last edited by Elginb; October 16th, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: btw, I'm serious. I think that's pretty awesome!
Old October 16th, 2011, 07:53 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was by 2 figures and in general wars. So it was somewhat of a isolated match. I also didnt realize it until talking to Dok about gencon on our way out there yesterday

Last edited by chief; October 16th, 2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: LOL from the mountain tops, get cause we are in CO!
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Sorry for totally ditching you guys. It's been so long since I've done anything on Heroscapers. I wish I could have been there. Ever Since school started things went to heck. Being a senior sucks sometimes.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM

ifstream Woo who?

I enjoyed all my games thank everyone. I noticed after we were done that I need to stop being so aggressive in my strategies. But like I said I am new playing Heroscape...played for only 7 months.
Old October 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifstream View Post
I enjoyed all my games thank everyone. I noticed after we were done that I need to stop being so aggressive in my strategies. But like I said I am new playing Heroscape...played for only 7 months.
What are you talking about? You went 4-1... sounds like you were being just aggressive enough. I also just noticed that you went 4-1 with the Shaolin Monks-- that makes you my new hero!!!!
Old October 17th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

What are you talking about? You went 4-1... sounds like you were being just aggressive enough. I also just noticed that you went 4-1 with the Shaolin Monks-- that makes you my new hero!!!![/QUOTE]

I was meaning to mention that. I was walking by the table, looking for my next game, looked down, saw the monks, and did a legitimate double-take.
EDIT: I think Alex was running Arrow Gruts x2, Krug, Mimring, Braxas, and... something 100 points, I forget.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; October 18th, 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:05 PM

I've been wanting to get the Monks into a tournament for a while, but I haven't come up with quite the right combo. He used Woo and Q9, which I can't do (Woo because I don't have him, and Q9 because I refuse to be a party to that), but I like the basic idea. Actually, I can't think of another combo that would give you that kind of range and also give the Monks an equal attack and defense boost-- maybe Major Q10, Thorgrim, Finn, Monks x3, Isamu? That might work, especially giving Q10 the defensd boost. His team looks pretty optimal for the Monks, though...
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM

ifstream Woo who?

I originally had another army I was going to use, but right before the game I was missing a fire element, I did not find it until I got home and looked under the seat of the car. Anyways, I grabbed the monks and woo and Q9 because I had to come up with some kind of combo.
My strategy with the monks was if I was going to get average dice rolls. That was why I was playing aggressive, but a lot of my rolls were not that good LOL. I will say they were fun to play…

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day