Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM

Caamora has disabled reputation
online play of heroscape

Being a long time bookcase game player and having few individuals available for face to face play I stumbled across an online tool for playing an old hex based game Advanced Squad Leader through a program called VASL or Virtual Advanced Squad Leader. I am no computer programer just a game geek and was wondering if there was anyone who might know something about possible conversion of this type program to Heroscape.. I think it would open a great deal of oppurtunity for more gaming for those of us with small player bases. Just a though.. link is here for anyone interested... http://www.vasl.org/
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:55 AM

thehandofzarquon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
It's just a Vassal engine game, as far as I can tell. There has already been a Vassal module made to emulate Heroscape, although I'm not sure if it is finished or if it is even being worked on anymore...

http://www.vassalengine.org/communit...&module_id=244

Glory to the Many.
Old December 21st, 2006, 06:32 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I played a few games of 'virtual valhalla' on the vassal engine about a year ago and it was plenty serviceable, just hard to get someone to play with (this had as much to do with my schedule as others' ), but you could try to drum up more interest in the forums...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Caamora has disabled reputation
Fantastic.. I was right there and didnt see the other game info.. tunnel vision I suppose. I have a friend about 20 minutes away who I use voice with and will let you know how it plays out. Maybe if it proves functional enough we can set a league or tournament or something. Thanks for the input guys.
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:22 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caamora
Fantastic.. I was right there and didnt see the other game info.. tunnel vision I suppose. I have a friend about 20 minutes away who I use voice with and will let you know how it plays out. Maybe if it proves functional enough we can set a league or tournament or something. Thanks for the input guys.
We had a tournament set up on the HQ site, but it fell through after a round and a half. It was fun while it lasted, and I'd be happy to join in another...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old December 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Band width

Is band width important on this? Will it be servicable on dial up you think?

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:20 PM

dead_radish has disabled reputation
I used to play DnD Minis on Vassal, and it worked very well. Tournaments are fun, but suffer the inevitable "I got bored and left" syndromes.

Based on the Vassal I know, dial-up is fine - it's mostly just moving pictures that are stored locally on your machine.

This space for rent.
Old December 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
I am very interested in this and would definitely like to join in on what sounds like great fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion