Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 23rd, 2024, 07:14 PM

Ijustworkhere is surprisingly tart
Re: MARS D.C. May 2024 - Failed Negotiations

I plan on attending!

Quick question.
If the diplomat is stolen with mind shackle or another such ability do they keep the buff?
Old April 24th, 2024, 12:37 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Ulaniva: +1 attack once per Order Marker for ANY figure (not just uniques)
Also, FYI since I'm here, the name of this glyph is known as Sola Astrid. It received an official name after ScapeCon.
Got it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
With the name of this format, you gotta use Failed Negotiations in your pool!
While the map definitely fits thematically, because you have to place away from start zones, having start zones in the middle in this case makes it impossible to place the diplomats:

Quote:
Order Markers must be placed a minimum of 5 spaces from either Start Zone, and cannot be placed next to other Order Markers or on glyphs.
If I’m counting correctly map only has six spaces that are at least 5 away from every startzone and since those are in groups of three, it won’t be possible to place more than 2 order markers without breaking one of the rules. You’d have to do something special with the center spaces if you wanted to use it.
This is correct. While the Mad Wookiee map certainly was a source of inspiration, this format was designed specifically for standard maps.
Old April 24th, 2024, 12:41 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I'll be there! Sounds like a fun format.
Awesome, see you then!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustworkhere View Post
I plan on attending!

Quick question.
If the diplomat is stolen with mind shackle or another such ability do they keep the buff?
Great question! The mind-shackled diplomat would indeed keep the buff (the same would be true for Soul Devour, Stab in the Back, Eternal Hatred, etc). Despite their shifting allegiance, the diplomat maitains their elite training
Old April 24th, 2024, 01:37 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can help with maps, as usual.

Xiegfried, Shurrig and I played this format last night, and I might recommend choosing maps that have a straight front edge to the start zone. We found it was much easier when we could just draw 2 lines and say, "diplomats are placed between these lines" like on Battlefield 23, than the not-straight lines that come from a map like Canary.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 26th, 2024, 05:04 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Hey guys, I think I can actually make this one . Format sounds really cool 👍
Old April 26th, 2024, 11:14 PM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

This format looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately not gonna be able to make it. I already have a prior commitment. Hope you all have a great time.
Old April 29th, 2024, 10:16 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

aaarrrggggh, I would, but busy season came BUSY this year. Which is good, cause money hahaha. I cannot RSVP, but I may be able to make it. It really really just depends on what comes down the pipeline that week.

~EL, frowning in consternation and concentration.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old April 29th, 2024, 10:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms View Post
Hey guys, I think I can actually make this one . Format sounds really cool 👍
Well, that makes it more tempting. Haven't seen you in years!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 30th, 2024, 02:36 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks like I will be able to make this one! When does the event go live on .org?
Old May 1st, 2024, 03:29 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Myself, Trivia Knight, and SneakyNinjaMage will be there!
If I win the diplomatic roll-off, can I then choose to place 2nd?

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old May 1st, 2024, 05:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, man. So many excellent people! I will see about coming and setting up disc golf first, like last time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 1st, 2024, 06:08 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker

Excited to see y'all and meet some new folks! I've been enjoying theoryscaping for the format with the Philly crew, so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone brings.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events