Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 19th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

WotC GenCon prize support picture courtesy of Retlaw:
Spoiler Alert!

And cm, many of the SoCal peeps haven't even logged in for awhile plus I'm about 3+ hours away from where most players are (LA area) so I would have no idea where to host it. Otherwise I'd be all in for it.
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:30 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
WotC GenCon prize support picture courtesy of Retlaw:
Spoiler Alert!

And cm, many of the SoCal peeps haven't even logged in for awhile plus I'm about 3+ hours away from where most players are (LA area) so I would have no idea where to host it. Otherwise I'd be all in for it.
Wow...and all along I thought that picture was just the tourament map materials in storage for the year. I suppose I missed "prize" written on each box!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM

tshill12 Woo who?

If your wins and your armies wins are weighted equally then any game where someone is unfortunate enough to have to face their own army is a complete wash. If they win their army loses, and if they lose their army wins. It makes the game a complete waste standings wise, though it would likely be the most fun game to play.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not entirely though- since your placement during the tourney is dependent only upon your wins, and not your army's wins. You might get points either way at the end of the day, but if you're off the competitive track seeding wise, that will make it harder to win all together at the end of the day. But it still hurts in the sense that if you go 4-1, but randomly fought your own army twice, you had to hurt your total record and maybe someone else who went 4-1 and didn't face their own army at all will potentially have an advantage.

*Thinks about that one.*

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:29 PM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The first solution that comes to mind, though potential inelegant in practice, is to disallow opposing the same army more than once, just as you cannot play the same army more than once. To ensure this happens, you would pair up opponents and assign maps before drawing armies (which I thought should be the proper order anyway) and then as each player draws their army, their opponent makes shore the army drawn is one they have not faced previously, forcing a re-draw if they have. Might cause multiple re-draws in later rounds, but it'd prevent players from shooting themselves in the foot by making them play against their own army multiple times.

Thanks tshill. You're definitely going to be attending by the way, right?

Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM

tshill12 Woo who?

I will definitely be there and I gotta say I like the idea of your record and your armies record being evenly weighed. There's a little bit of luck involved to some extent in who will draw your army, but it's fun to try and make an army that's so solid it doesn't matter who plays it. You've got to make an army that basically plays itself. Everyone get your Q9 counters ready because I'm sure he'll be showing up in force!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:13 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshill12 View Post
I will definitely be there and I gotta say I like the idea of your record and your armies record being evenly weighed. There's a little bit of luck involved to some extent in who will draw your army, but it's fun to try and make an army that's so solid it doesn't matter who plays it. You've got to make an army that basically plays itself. Everyone get your Q9 counters ready because I'm sure he'll be showing up in force!

It won't be much fun if everyone has Q9, Rae & Rats...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM

Funny you should mention that Carnival Man...

Q9 - 180
Hydra - 300
Rats x4 - 460
~ 20 hexes

Nilfheim - 185
Greenscales x 3 - 365
Raelin (RotV) - 445
Isamu - 455
~ 13 hexes

Tor Kul Na - 220
Nagrubs x3 - 310
Q10 - 460
~ 13 hexes

Sir Gilbert - 105
Knights x3 - 315
Red Wyrmlings x4 - 435
Marcu - 455
~ 18 hexes

Marro Dividers x6 - 300
Su Bak Na - 460
~ 20 hexes

Grimnak - 120
Nerak - 170
Heavies x3 - 380
Raelin (RotV) - 460
~ 17 hexes

Glads x3 - 240
Blasts x2 - 360
Raelin (RotV) - 440
Marcu - 460
~ 22 hexes

Marro Hive - 160
Stingers x5 - 460
~ 21 hexes

Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Funny you should mention that Carnival Man...
Those are what? Army ideas you've had for this event? Armies that Carny has brought in the past?

If we're throwing out army ideas for this event, here's some I've done (heavily influenced by my desire to get some facetime with D2):

Mind Control
Mind Flayer Mastermind - 100
Morsbane - 200
Kee-Mo-Shi - 330
Me-Burq-Sa - 380
Rats x 2 - 460

Elementals
Kurrok the Elementalist - 120
Old Rae - 200
Air Elemental x 2 - 260
Earth Elemental x 2 - 330
Fire Elemental x 2 - 400
Water Elemental x 2 - 460

Warforged
Marcus Decimus Gallus - 100
Warforged Soldiers x 2 - 260
Iron Golem x 2 - 460

Dragonfolk
Rhogar Dragonspine - 110
Othkurik the Black Dragon - 250
Black Wyrmling x 2 - 310
Blue Wyrmling - 345
Red Wyrmling x 2 - 405
White Wyrmling - 435
Sahuagin Raider - 460

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Reigning Nor-Cal Champion

Menchi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Nilfheim - 185
Greenscales x 3 - 365
Raelin (RotV) - 445
Isamu - 455
~ 13 hexes
For what it's worth, this is basically the army that beat me in match 5 of Day 1 and who I barely scraped by against in match 1 of Day 2 of the main event at GenCon.
Old August 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

RV, tshill12 was part of my "+2", so you can drop me down to "Killometer +1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshill12 View Post
it's fun to try and make an army that's so solid it doesn't matter who plays it. You've got to make an army that basically plays itself. Everyone get your Q9 counters ready because I'm sure he'll be showing up in force!
I'm predicting lots of Raelin, and lots of top-tier bonding units-they're strong, and they're easy to play.

I also had another army idea that I don't think would be particularly interesting to play, but would force some fun pre- and early-game decisions.

4th x4
New Drake
Isamu
460/18

If you draw this army, do you play Isamu, or sit Isamu? I think that if I drew it to fave a Knight army, I'd definitely play him, and send him out as a first round kamikaze asassin, but if I was going against something like Vydar Range I'd sit him for the extra defense die. Alternatively, if you were facing him, would you let him run amok through your ranks (but only giving up 1 attack per OM), or would you try to take him out to protect your heros (but end up giving your opponent another defense die)?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:50 PM

Grimfang Woo who?

Wow, you've came up with alot. Haha, I only came up with one army that I've liked.

Roman Legos x3 - (150)
MBS - (200)
MDG - (300)
10th Regiment x2 - (430)

It's jsut that i might need to borrow a squads of 10th.

I'll need to start working on more army builds though.

Got my Nakitas

*I have a long way to go to achieve total Heroscape Overload... *sigh*
Have had excellent trading experience with : Pilgrim

Last edited by Grimfang; August 22nd, 2010 at 09:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day