Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: Location of Colorado NHSD ( voting ends september 18th)
Cheyenne WY, Cyborgs Gaming 5 71.43%
Boulder CO, Boulder Public Library 2 28.57%
Wheatridge CO, Valhalls Game Center 0 0%
Highlands Ranch CO, Enchanted Grounds 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:28 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rumble

Where:
Cyborgs Gaming in Cheyenne Wyoming. Take I-25 exit 12 and pull in at the Rodeway Inn right off that exit. It is located in the same building. (Please note there will be a 20% discount on any item bought and used for prize support)
When:
October 15th, 2011 11:00 am tear down by 5pm.

Army:
One 560 point army, marvel allowed.

Game Type:
Rolling Rumble Format
Kill 'em all

Game Length:
1 hour and 15 minutes
At the 2 and a half hour marker, before clean up, the top 4 will pair off. The 2 winners face off for the championship.

Scoring:
full card scoring,in the case that a match does not finish by the end of the time limit.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Prizes:
Bring a prize if you want a prize. A prize bringer may request to have a prize not allowed to be picked by someone who brought a prize and leaves early.

Attendance List:
Bonesnap
Mista
varidice
Mad_Celt
chief
dok
Elginb
Generalrolando
Seth
ifstream
Son of Aarathorn
Ninja Status
Tolamos
Tolamos's wife
Tolamos's friend
Tolamos's friend
lafleurhero + ~10

Last edited by chief; October 8th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cross Country Colorado/Cheyenne NHSD

length of round
A) 1 hour
round victory conditions
B) army points totaled W/ partial card scoring for squads
round match ups
A) Yes: Semi finals and Finals
2) Second to last round top 4 players are paired up
The winners of these match ups are then placed into the finals.
Point Allowance
C) 575 points
units restrictions
B) No, don't restrict any units
Marvel
B) Marvel not allowed
Reinforcements
B) No, not allowed for semi finals if we have them
Entry Fee Prize
A) Yes, a 5$ (or more) prize for the prize table is required
Restricted Prizes
A) A player may place his prize into a restricted zone
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

I'm commenting here just because I want to follow the thread. Although as I mentioned over at the other thread, neither Daniel nor I will be able to attend this year's NHSD.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

If there's nothing in NM, I would probably drive up for Boulder, Denver, Wheatridge. No way I could do Cheyenne though.
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

length of round
A) 1 hour

round victory conditions
A) army points totaled W/ full card scoring for squads

Each match up will be determined by the Rolling Rumble Format
A vote needs to be held for if we want a semi finals and finals additive however.
A) Yes: Semi finals and Finals

If you vote yes you need to choose between these options.
2) Second to last round top 4 players are paired up
The winners of these match ups are then placed into the finals.

Army
Army has 4 factors that affect it, point allowance, unit restrictions, marvel allowed/not allowed, reinforcements for semi finals/ finals.
Point Allowance
A) 550 points

units restrictions
B) No, don't restrict any units

Marvel
A) Marvel allowed

Reinforcements
A) Yes, allowed for semi finals if we have them

Prizes
Two factors affect prizes, entry fee prize and restricted prizes.
Entry Fee Prize
A) Yes, a 5$ (or more) prize for the prize table is required

Restricted Prizes
(a restricted zone is for prizes that can only be picked for the players who remain for the final prize picking, someone who leaves early CAN NOT take the restricted prizes.)
A) A player may place his prize into a restricted zone
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
If there's nothing in NM, I would probably drive up for Boulder, Denver, Wheatridge. No way I could do Cheyenne though.
It would be great to have you. That said, what's an extra hour to get to Cheyenne if you're willing to drive over 5 hours to Boulder?

Anyway, on to the (many) questions here:

- I'm in favor of a rolling rumble format for most of the day (and the entire day for non-semifinalists), but I'd like to see a cap on game length of 75 minutes even for the rumble. Games shouldn't take longer than that.

- I'd like a semifinals and finals round during the last two and a half hours.

- I guess I'd vote for 560, just because it's halfway between last year's total and the year before. But I don't really care as long as we don't do 600 again.

- Marvel allowed. That's how we roll in the high country.

- I'd prefer no reinforcements in the last two rounds, but I could live with them. Reinforcements tend to encourage certain army builds, and I'm not sure I want to push us that way. Another option would be to allow a 100-point (or 200 point, or whatever) sideboard for semis and finals. So we still play at 560 (or whatever the number is) but you can swap out some of the army you had up to that point for something else.

- I'm OK with requiring prizes, but I'd prefer just saying that you have to bring a prize to take a prize.

- I think we should just make an executive (TD) decision after the prize table is laid out, and make certain prizes off-limits to early departures. It's pretty obvious what the big ticket stuff is.
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
It would be great to have you. That said, what's an extra hour to get to Cheyenne if you're willing to drive over 5 hours to Boulder?
My ride is already kicking and screaming about driving 5 hours, so, y'know.
Considering I might make it, I'll make my opinion known.
Rounds
length
B) 1 hour and 15 minutes
round victory conditions
B) army points totaled W/ partial card scoring for squads
round match ups
A) Yes semi-finals and finals
1) Second to last round top 8 are paired up
Army
Point Allowance
A) 560 points
Unit restrictions
B) No, no restriction
Marvel
A) Marvel allowed
Reinforcements
B) No reinforcements
Prizes
Entry Fee Prize
A) Yes, an entry fee/prize
Restricted prize
A) a Prize may be placed in a restricted zone.
thats my

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; October 13th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Changing my vote to a copy paste of Dok's. I agree with his changes to these things and I have no disagreements at all with what he said
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:44 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Well, it would appear that Cheyenne is doable for us -- it's just going to be a bit of a drive. So, I guess that means it's time to vote.

1. Around an hour to and hour and fifteen should work. I don't really see any matches going much longer than that.

2. Partial card scoring gets my vote. It reflects the actual game a little more accurately than full card in my opinion.

3. Finals make very little difference for me. I will probably (given my current record) not make it to them, so whatever works for everyone else works for me.

4. 600 points for sure. We're talking National Heroscape Day here, so what's a little splurging?

5. No restrictions at all. I can't stress enough how much I feel that restricting figure use is not a good approach. I'll go ahead and include Marvels here as well. I'm not really a big fan of them, but there isn't really a good reason to not allow them, I guess.

6. I would say no reinforcements, but, again, it won't matter too much for me. The sideboard idea is pretty cool, though.

7. Prizes are fine with me. To be clear, we're bringing prizes, not an entry fee, right? If so, what kind of prizes are we looking at? Heroscape related, gaming related, or just cool stuff?

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:17 AM

just cool stuff for the prizes.
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Rounds - if we're doing Rolling Rumble format and if we have more than 10 people, I'd rather not have any time limits, but if I have to choose, I'll go with
c) 90 minutes and
a) full card scoring.

Semi-finals - YES! And 2nd to last round the top 4 are matched up (I'm not sure I understand how matching up 8 folks could be a semi-final round).

Army-size-- any of the listed point values is fine with me.

Unit restrictions-- absolutely not! Not for NHSD, which IMO should be our purest event.

Marvel Allowed!

Reinforcements NO! I'd be interested in trying it, just not for NHSD... keep it simple for NHSD.

Prizes - I like dok's idea, you only get a prize if you bring a prize. Prizes don't mean so much to me. Though it's not a bad idea to bring a prize you're interested in yourself, then use that as incentive to play well enough to win it back.

Restricted Zone - sure, I think this makes sense. You should have to stick around until the end to get the choice prizes.
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM

I like having a variety of different types of prizes. I would even go far as to encourage people to bring something not Heroscape related as prizes. The thing about Heroscape events is that pretty much everyone that attends them already play Heroscape and don't really need more stuff, also we will already be getting some Heroscape items donated. In the past I have given a larger than normal discount for anything purchased at my store as prize support. I will do that again this year. I'm thinking 15% off any item bought for prize support or 20% off any non-Heroscape item priced over $15 that is donated to prize support. (not cumulative with my normal 10% discount).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day