Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old September 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Peoria Casual Play for National HeroScape Day (Illinois)

Date: October 18, 2008
Time: 1pm-4pm (Setup at 12 noon and possibly some open gaming afterwards.)

Rather than running a tournament, the emphasis of this event will be on casual play for players of all skill levels and ages.

Bring the following:
1) Enough terrain to build a map and your favorite map design. Scenarios with alternate victory conditions are highly encouraged!
2) A 450 point army (200 points of which should have a C+ or lower rating on the HeroScape Power Rankings Thread).

If for some reason you can't bring terrain or meet the army build recommendations, we are flexible. This is casual play after all!

Please, post your comments, ideas, maps, and scenarios so we can start can start pulling this event together!

Notes:
1) I will be bringing enough terrain to construct this map, but I cannot supply enough terrain for everyone to play.
2) The point value for armies is simply to give us a common ground to play from. I intend to play an entire army of C+ or worse units.

List of Attendees

Vydar
Ryougabot
briaka & son
vminer
Zann
1 BGG member & son
(If your name isn't on the list and you are planning coming, please, respond to this thread so we can add you and plan accordingly. I'd like our count to be as accurate as possible so we can be sure to accommodate everyone.)

Last edited by Vydar; October 17th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker
Re: Peoria Casual Play for National HeroScape Day (Illinois)

Hey, count me in.
Old September 18th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

I would love to be there.

Anotehr way to make a low impact came that draws a lot of figures is to generate armies using the "Surprisingly Tart Heroscape Draft Wizard".
http://waronline.net/heroscape/draft/hsdraft.htm

The armies are well made, bonded and random. Each player gets a random army and it is fast (no draft)

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

Search your pm's Vydar. We (2) will plan on being there. Let me know what kind of terrain to bring, maybe which maps to use so they could be somewhat pre-made to save on setup time.

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old September 21st, 2008, 04:56 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Okay, I'm back from my trip and starting to catch up with the backlog of work that piled up.

I've updated the first post and will continue to do so as we make decisions on formats and the like.

Ryougabot - Interesting idea on the Tart system. That would be interesting to try out, but I think for open gaming we'd be better off sticking with people bringing their own army and maybe a few spares.

Briaka - Thanks for letting me know about the confusion at "Just for Fun." I called them yesterday to set things straight. Everything is good to go.

Some ideas in regards to maps:
1) I thought it might be fun to run some 4 player team maps.
2) It might be nice to have one 3 player map/scenario in case we have an odd number of attendees so that no one has to sit out.
3) I'd love to see actual scenarios rather than just "kill the other guy." If anyone finds the time and can go scrounging around for cool, well tested scenarios, I'd love to give some a try. You might start by looking through articles featured in the Codex.
4) Start posting any map ideas you would like to play on to this thread.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Another way to help the game be more fun and not a "kill the other guy" game is to use quest cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=583

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?do=file&id=39
The format is great for multiple players.

-Ryougabot

Last edited by Ryougabot; October 17th, 2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

I and 2 others would like to attend as of right now

vincent miner
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

I can help set up.

I have 2 MS, 2 RTFF, 1 TT, 2 VW, 2 FOTA, 1 SOTM and 1 TJ as well as all of the terrain from 1 each of the waves (all in a handy box that fits in my trunk). I have several scenarios in mind and am always up for some "Quests". I really thing quests is a good way to have 4 people around a large map, and I like the "taint the waters" game in TJ.

Let me know what I can do

-Ryougabot

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:41 AM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker

The Quest thing looks intrigueing, however when I click the link on the first page I get a 404 error.

I have 2 MS, 2 castles, 2 roads, 1 TT, 1 VW, 1 SotM.

I have a couple of maps in mind. 1 very small 1 on 1 tourney style from this sites download section (10 starting spaces. We play 1 hero & 3 squads per army). And one that I've put together that I'd like to see playtested with some feedback. It's late I'll dig them up later to post here.

Looking forward to the get-together, too bad it couldn't be for a longer time.

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.
Old September 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM

vminer - Glad you'll be joining us! I added you to the list a few days ago, but I've been spacing out my posts to try to keep this thread bumped as much as possible.

Ryougabot - I've never played with Quest cards, but I'm willing to give them a try if someone is willing to figure out how they work. I had the same problem as briaka, I get a 404 missing error when I try to look at them. Regarding scenarios - Do you want to post the scenarios before-hand, or do you want to surprise us when we arrive?

Regarding times:
The time was set so we wouldn't collide with other groups. They have tournies all morning, so we were put at 1pm. Apparently, there is another tourny at 5pm, so they wanted us to start cleaning up at 4pm. (As you know, tear down can take a little while for HS.) However, there are 2 sections in the store for gaming and I'm pretty sure some of us (there may not be room for all of us) could stick around in the open gaming area and get in some more games. Also, I'm planning on arriving early (around noon) to set up some maps. If other people show up at that time, we could probably do a small battle before 1pm.
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

I can handle a quests table. I can set up a large 2 MS map with every type of terrain and have a couple of quests games with 2-4 players. Each player can roll up a random 450 pt army and use my figures, or they can bring their own.

Just curious, why 450 instead of 540? I though that 540 was the number for NHSD.

-Ryougabot

Old September 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Hmm...I didn't realize there was an official NHSD number. Do you have a link where they stated that? I know there wasn't a number last year when I played in the 440 point Florida Frenzy.

I picked 450 because it was halfway between 400 and 500 points, which I consider to be good sizes for armies. If we move up to 4-player games and have 540 point armies, things could get a bit long. I wanted to make sure that we could cycle through a number of games rather than just get to play one big long one for the whole event.

What does everyone else think? If everyone else wants the boost, I'd be fine doing that. I'd probably add a statement that you could have no more than X point value of A rated units as well (where X is 100 or so points).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day