Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 8th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Dragon_Master Woo who?
MagicScape!

After having searched the forum, I noticed that a number of people have posted ideas/variants for a MtG/Heroscape combination. My friends and I play a game which we call MagicScape. It has worked well for awhile and I think we worked out most if not all the bugs (though we can make mistakes). So here goes!

Each player chooses a small/medium unique hero as their Planeswalker.

Then each player brings/creates and army of a point size agreed upon and a Magic deck. The only weird part about the Magic deck is that it does not have any creatures. Because of this restriction, we use a smaller minimum deck size of 40 cards.

A turn plays out as follows:
Untap
Upkeep
Draw
Main Phase
Reveal Order Marker
Move
Attack
Main Phase
End Step

Normal Heroscape and Magic Rules follow. The Planeswalker has a stating life of 20. If the planeswalker would be attacked, you may choose an adjacent friendly figure to be the target of the attack if it is a legal target.

Some spells have effects that we have had to change.
-Dealing direct damage means rolling that many skulls against the defending figure.
-Any spells that cause -x/-x reduce the attack/defense by that much. The same is true with +x/+x. Any defense reduction below 0 causes that many wounds. These effects wear of each turn, but the wounds remain.
-Destroy target figure causes a wound.
-All Planeswalkers have a "Spell Range" of 7. This is the area of effect for any spells they cast. This means any mass effect spells only affect figures within 7 clear sight spaces of the Planeswalker casting that spell. Planeswalkers must have a clear line of sight to a figure to target that figure with a spell. Enchantments only affect 7 spaces away from the Planeswalker.
-To tap a figure, turn its card sideways. For this to work, common figures cannot be tapped. Otherwise each figure would have to be corresponded to a specific card. A tapped figure cannot move, attack, or defend a Planeswalker.
-Only unique heroes may be targeted by equip and enchant abilities.
-Each equipment uses a corresponding glyph. If a figure equipped with an artifact dies, place the glyph on the board and the card somewhere nearby. Any figure may now equip that equipment for the equip cost. To equip an artifact to a figure, the figure must be adjacent to or on the space the equipment occupies. To pass equipment between figures, they must be adjacent. All equipment is equipped to the Planeswalker when first cast.
-All nonequipment artifacts, nonaura enchantments, and lands are considered to be on the spaces the controlling Planeswalker occupies. To destroy them with a spell, a Planeswalker must be able to target the Planeswalker controlling the permanent to target it.
-Spells count as special attacks. Figures can defend against them normally.
-Attack is synonymous with power. Defense is synonymous with toughness.
-Exile removes the figure from the board. To exile a hero, the player must get a roll of 15 or higher on the D20.
-Trample = Whirlwind assault
-Deathtouch = Lethal Sting
-Sacrificing a figure puts a wound on that figure.
-Creatures cannot be returned to hands as they have no casting cost.
-Creature tokens become figures within 5 spaces of the Planeswalker with a move of 6 and are removed from the game at the end of the round.
-Flying = Flying
-Unblockable = Disengage, damage cannot be redirected by the planeswalker.
-The chosen planeswalker figure is not a creature, cannot be mindshakled, and it does not count as a planeswalker that can be destroyed as if it was a card. It does retain its stats and powers. It is the player.
-Wounds = damage. Planeswalkers can raise their life total above 20.
-Planeswalkers are not included in the deck.
-Figures receive counters. Cards do not.
-We assigned each general a color(s) based on the type of units they have summoned to Valahalla (these can be changed)
+Jandar = White/Blue
+Vydar = Blue/Black/White
+Aquilla = Green
+Einar = White/Red
+Utgar = Black/Red/Blue
+Valkrill = Green/Red/Black
+Ullar = Blue/Green
-Markers =/= counters

Let me know if anybody finds this fun/helpful! If you find any bugs, let me know!

Check out my customs here!
Check out my trades here!

Last edited by Dragon_Master; January 9th, 2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old January 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MagicScape!

Hmm, as I have a few magic loving friends we might try this sometime (Sunday?). It seems like good fun.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:11 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old January 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Intresting idea, however it needs a lot clearer ruleset to be usable.

For example, does Shock count as an attack (I'm assuming you get to roll defense dice against it, since you said 'defending figure')? If so, normal or special? Would a figure get height advantage against a shock if the 'Planeswalker' figure was on lower ground? Would stealth dodge work if the figure was not adjacent to the Planeswalker?

Does a figure's attack count as power and defense as toughness? I would assume yes based on how -x/-x powers work. So a Magic card that said 'Destroy target creature with power 2 or less' would work on a Deathreaver right?

What does exile do? Anything? What about cards that bounce creatures back to your hand? What about Sacrifice effects?

What about cards that give abilties like Trample and Deathtouch? Do they not do anything? If not, how do they work?

What about cards that create creature tokens? Do they not work at all? Even if they have other effects?

How about Artifacts that can become creatures? Can I not include them at all, or can I just not turn them into a creature?

Does the heroscape power flying count as the magic ability flying for cards that care about it? What about Stealth Flying?

Does your chosen Planeswalker figure count as a creature for spells? I assume it keeps its heroscape stats and powers? Can it be Mindshackled? Does it count as Planeswalker for cards like dreadbore? Does it count as a ‘Player’ for cards that target players?

Can cards that gain life raise a Planeswalker figure's life above 20? Are wound markers still placed on the figures card? Do wounds count as damage for damage prevention effects?

How would Planeswalkers (the card type) work?

Does your Planeswalker need to be within 7 spaces of an opponent’s Planeswalker to counter a spell of his?

Can figures receive +1/+1 counters? What about -1/-1 counters? If so, would they affect an entire squad?

Do figures have a color or colors? (I assume no) If not, do they count as colorless?

Do 'markers' (like Morsbane's negation markers) count as 'counters' for Proliferate? I assume no, certainly not wound markers at least.

Quote:
-All nonequipment artifacts, nonaura enchantments, and lands are considered to be on the spaces the controlling Planeswalker occupies. To destroy them with a spell, a Planeswalker must be able to target the Planeswalker controlling the permanent to destroy it.
Is this only true for 'destroy' effects?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; January 8th, 2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:20 AM

Dragon_Master Woo who?

So all the members of my group have been there from the conception of the idea (we've never had to teach anybody or share the idea before), so nothing is written down. Hence, I have forgotten quite a few major points. I have updated the rules on the first post with what you have brought up. If anything else arises, we probably have a rule for it, I'm just forgetting to write it down, so please do not hesitate to ask!

Check out my customs here!
Check out my trades here!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions