Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 18th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs LICH & BATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
She is 125 Points

~TAF
Thanks!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 2nd, 2016, 12:05 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Monters and mayhem

Yo folks, I'm back. I'm going to be away from the 'Scaping table for a while, but that doesn't mean I can't post some Customs here and now! We've got quite the wide selection of uglies tonight: too bad I can't get any of their sculpts. A guy can dream, can't he? A guy can proxy anyway. Oh well, anything's better than a pictureless card, so here you go nonetheless. Click the pictures to expand them.

Character Bio: There isn't a sight worse for sore eyes than the Iruch Scirh Executioners coming in for the kill. Wielding giant halberds, these Icarians can lop the head off of any subdued subject, and it's not just dragons they're after: it's all those who might ally with them.

Yeah I know they're not blue or whatever, but who cares? The Executioners are a Unique Squad that uses a unique mechanic that's probably beed done a million times around here: with Finisher Blades, they get a big attack boost when attacking Heroes who are more than halfway dead (rounding down for decimals). On top of that, they have Iron Tough, making them rather hardy against Special Attackers. Though potentially quite strong for only 70 points, they're Hero-killers at best.

Character Bio: Mischievous little pixies: the Patcher Pumpkinheads might look like little more than pranksters at best from a distance. Don't be fooled: in battle they rush the first vulnerable target they see and slice it to ribbons. Bursting with devilish energy, Patcher Pumpkinheads will attack until deflected or out of breath. Show them a real threat, and they'll go scurrying from whence they came. Those traversing Yrsa's territory at night should be extremely cautious.

These little devils can be quite relentless. Sure, 1 Defense for an 80 point squad isn't so hot, but with their Opportunistic Attack, they can attack over and over as long as they keep wounding foes. Of course, each time they lose an attack die, so either they'll fail or run out of dice eventually. Still, with 7 Move they can grab Height easily, and with Scatter they can either swarm or split with ease. But still, 1 Defense. Bring some tough allies and you'll be safe for the most part.

Character Bio: Another vile Hellectic specimen brought to Valhalla. The beast lumbers about the battlefield, churning and groaning under the strain of its own hyperevolution. Convulsing, it vomits waves of scalding acid onto our ranks, turning countless allies to soup.

There appears to be some sort of humanoid riding Bilide4, although it seems to be fused in with the monster's skin. It's all so twitchy and uncanny, moving as if claymated. There are no eyes on it, I'm not sure which direction is its front. Where am I supposed to shoot this thing to kill it??

Got at least 1 Swarm of the Marro master set? If you do, then I don't doubt you're drowning in swamp water tiles even as you read this post! That's why there's no problem with Bilide4 starting the game with a stack of 9 swamp water tiles with Bile Blood. He can spread that stuff around like the flu with ease--good thing it doesn't really do anything. Drudge and Othkurik might be thankful though. Bilide4's real strength is his Swamp Salvo Special Attack: a Range 6/Attack 3 special that can hit up to five foes as long as they're all close enough. Pretty powerful, but he can't use it on Order Marker 1. So there's that.

Whelp, that was fun. Anyhow, that's all for today. Leave feedback and all that. Or don't. Whatever. 'Till next time!

~TAF

(figures used:
Executioners = Rackham Dirz Halberdiers
Patchers = Rackham Pixie Tricksters
Bilide4 = Warhammer Bloab Rotspawned)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 5th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs MONTERS AND MAYHEM

Looking cool again, TAF!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 11th, 2016, 05:41 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Clockwork dragon & leaders

Got time? I do, here with some leaders for squads as well as a cool new Pathfinder mechanical dragon. Check it out:

Character Bio: The MacDirk warriors are known for their ferocity across Valhalla, unrivaled by other Squads in their potential raw strength. However, they're not particularly known for their survivability. This weakness has led to limited use over time.

That's why Jandar has summoned one of their best leaders back on Earth: James MacDirk. James is a rigid commander, able to whip even the wildest warriors into more seasoned fighters. With him at the helm, the MacDirks can survive in a scrap or two. And James is no pushover himself. Freedom!!

Here to help dust off the MacDirk Warriors, James MacDirk is a good choice for both them and the Tarn Vikings with his Human Warrior Defense Training 1 (what a mouthful). He gives them Melee Defense 1, which isn't horribly overpowered but it does help them a tad. James isn't too bad either, packing Surround Takedown which enables him to attack twice when surrounded by foes. With less life than Alistair, he's not a perfect choice for the MacDirk Warriors' Human Champion, but he does help them if they're coming in multiples.

Character Bio: Few are as tenacious as Lt. Bradley Furor. Heaving an unbelievable amount of armor on his massive shoulders, the Lt. is essentially a walking tank, difficult to kill even for a Knights Sparier. The Mechknights all slowly follow his slow-but-steady lead, the Sparier Knights moving along the battlefield trenches like an army of tortoises.

Lt. Bradley Furor is a hardy hero to say the least, sporting "Ne-Gok-Sa stats" that enables him to survive a ton of damage. Add in a once-per-round attack for 5 with Shrapnel Shotgun Special Attack, and you've got yourself a decent Hero. He's not terribly synergetic with the Knights Sparier, but with Turtle Up he can get some movement bonding in with each space he moves less. This isn't too useful for one or two Sparier Knights since they need to stick together, but it is full-blown 4-man movement bonding if Bradley doesn't move at all. So there you have it.

Character Bio: "Right through here, sir."

Stale light spilt into the dim room, dust dancing in the air like startled insects. In came a short man and a great winged figure.

"Here, here. Take a gander at this, Lord Bragi."

The hunched man approached a huge machine covered in stitched rags and wires, waving about a flashlight. A deep whirring sounded off, and the mammoth machine shifted in place.

"Oh my," The Valkyrie noted, "Those aren't covers. They're wings."

"Both Dragon and Machine, sir. They called it Xela."

"Fascinating..." Bragi stroked his chin, "And ready for action. Let's see what it can do."

A Clockwork Dragon? What a cool idea, am I right? Xela is like the opposite of Charos, possessing good counter-attacks to ranged fire with Ricochet 15, borrowed from the Greater Steel Elemental. It ain't great if it's paired with Lizardfolk, but when near enemies this can be deadly. Additionally, Xela has Chrono Breath Special Attack, which can be immensely powerful on a target with a ton of OMs on them. Quite tanky and good against ranged foes, Xela's greatest weakness is only being able to attack once per turn. Like with Charos, failed enemy attacks can change that, however.

Well that's all for now. This and that. Bye.

~TAF

(figures used:
James = Pathfinder Hakon, Human Skald
Bradley = Warhammer Grey Knight Brother Captain Stern
Xela = Pathfinder Clockwork Dragon)

Old May 14th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs CLOCKWORK DRAGON & LEADERS

Few things cooler than a Clockwork Dragon. Another great set!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 15th, 2016, 03:31 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Been trying to find a use for the Hakon mini ever since I picked it up. Glad to see such a cool take on it.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheAverageFan again.
Darnit. Dunno if I've stopped by to say it before, but I'll say it now- you've got some amazing stuff here, really inspired use of Soundwarps custom generals.
Old May 15th, 2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Been trying to find a use for the Hakon mini ever since I picked it up. Glad to see such a cool take on it.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheAverageFan again.
Darnit. Dunno if I've stopped by to say it before, but I'll say it now- you've got some amazing stuff here, really inspired use of Soundwarps custom generals.
Glad to be of service! Thanks for the positive feedback - it really helps keep me going.

Feel free to use Soundwarp's Custom Generals for your own stuff too. I'd love to see more folks use them since they're pretty great.

~TAF

Old May 20th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Hard as ice

Hello, @TheAverageFan , I have a small rules query - may I ask if the Holler of Chaos's Sanity Drain is meant to affect opponents' figures or just your own? I presume so, but I'm not certain.

Thanks!

~ Lazy Orang, who's looking forward to getting the Holler for her birthday.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Hello, @TheAverageFan , I have a small rules query - may I ask if the Holler of Chaos's Sanity Drain is meant to affect opponents' figures or just your own? I presume so, but I'm not certain.
It affects all non-Mindless figures, both yours and your opponent's.

Quote:
SANITY DRAIN
When rolling the 20-sided die for any figure within 3 clear sight spaces of this Holler of Chaos, subtract 3 from the roll. Figures with the Mindless personality are not affected by Sanity Drain.
~TAF, happy to help.

Old May 28th, 2016, 04:45 AM

Arrow Some more folks

Hey hey hey. It's me, TheAverageFan, back with some more stuff. No real general theme. I had some ideas, found some cool minis online. Came up with some stuff. Take a look, why dontcha!.

Character Bio: Iron Golems are bad enough. At least they don't have guns. The same cannot be said for the Cannon Golems, terrible Constructs summoned by Volthrax. In battle, Cannon Golems can fire highly explosive rounds that can decimate an entire squad of troops in a single shot. Fortunately these are as unwieldy as any other cannons, and careful positioning can avoid such collateral damage.

The Cannon Golem is pretty straightforward: Attack for 6 or Shoot for 6. Move 4 sucks and Cannon Fire Special Attack's no-movement requirement doesn't help. The good news is that the Special Attack can be used for any Cannon Golem you control, so if you move some into position they can essentially act as immobile turrets without the Order Marker headache with Uncommons. Being an Explosion Attack for 6 ain't bad either. Sea Golem makes them more sea-savy too, and the extra movement helps a great deal. Too bad the cannon don't work while on water.

Character Bio: Summoned by Utgar, loyal to Vydar, known by all generals and trusted by none, Agent Wei is one of the Gray Valkyrie's most efficient undercover operatives. With the uncanny ability to garner credibility from nearly anyone and disappear on command even on the battlefield, Wei fetches the secrets and intel Vydar can't simply shoot his way to. However, in the violent Valhallan world of Vikings and Orcs things don't always go so smoothly, and Agent Wei can defend herself if push comes to shove.

While most Heroscape Spies seem to fall into the Matrix camp of Agents that doesn't reflect espionage very much (the Microcorp Agents are more like Navy Seals than they are like spies), Agent Wei is more of the classic Bond Girl breed. With Undercover, she gets the benefits of no Hit Zone and Phantom Walk as long as she doesn't attack or wound figures via Passing Swipe or Engagement Strike, or step on glyphs. Additionally, as long as she doesn't wound figures in a round, Covert Movement allows her to move freely at the end of every round. This makes Wei a great low-key figure that doesn't demand too many Order Markers to move up and is difficult to pin down. However, when taking a Glyph or when confronted by melee foes, Wei will have to blow her cover eventually.

Character Bio: From the hellish depths of Bogdan comes the Immortal Legion. Summoned to Valkrill's side by Nicholas Esenwein, these 4 soldiers carry within them the souls of countless warriors. With each death they suffer, another soul takes their place, the Immortal's body remaining animated throughout countless injuries.

Only by slaying all the souls within them can the Legion be halted.

What--A Squad with a Life Value!! Heresy!!! Well, while the M:TG AotP game may have found a way around the squad-with-life problem in their own way, I myself found a way around it (well, I don't know if anyone else has done this, but for now let's just say I came up with it). And for the Undead Immortals' Life of 8, the solution is that they all share the Life value.

With Immortal Legion, they don't die when wounded, but they do all die together once they've amassed 8 wounds as a whole. Depending on who they're fighting and how well their defense of 3 holds up, this can make the Legion very hardy for a squad. While I believe they can't benefit from most Healing abilities, they are still a force to be reckoned with. The added movement of Pursuit is icing on the cake. Fortunately powers like Chomp and Acid Breath will still kill off individual Immortals, so there is still hope.

Yup, yup, anyhow, leave a comment. Or don't. I'll be back with more stuff either way!! Until then...

~TAF

(figures used:
Golem = Pathfinder Cannon Golem
Agent Wei = Zero Agents Agent 005
Undead Immortals = Pathfinder Grave Knight, Scourge Hellknight, Hellknight Signifer)

Old May 28th, 2016, 07:07 PM

Re: TAF's Customs SOME MORE FOLKS

P.S. As an added bonus, I've gone back through the entire Unit Index on the first page and reuploaded all the Army Card pictures. So they're all back up for your viewing pleasure. Hopefully that'll last a while.

~TAF

Old May 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: TAF's Customs SOME MORE FOLKS

Love the "Immortal Legion" power for a unique squad!!! Thanks for sharing your customs.

For Pursuit - would you consider a figure with Disengage or Phantom Walk as "breaking" engagement?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards