Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 30th, 2016, 12:44 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 1/6/16

Two new Golem cards today! Both are collaborations with @obfuscatedhippo :

Vurgoyle. 80 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Sand Golem. 90 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

And Professor X from @Sherman Davies -- the Einar version:

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to the eagle eye of @Grishnak 's son, I fixed a problem with "Jirol Brenn" (you can't attack a figure and then extend your range to attack that figure!)

Spoiler Alert!

And finally, my entry into the latest contest by @Dr.Goomonkey :

Spoiler Alert!

Check out the left side of the card, this cwazy wabbit has synergies all over the place.

I actually have this figure for the Rabbit of Caerbannog (design by the Heroes of Fiction, I redid the card because the type was too small for my liking)

Spoiler Alert!

As always, your feedback, accolades, jeremiads, and withering critiques are all welcome.

OK, that's it for today! Enjoy! And keep rolling skulls!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 11:21 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

So here's an ice giant for ya:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 05:05 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Just a minor thing I noticed, the image for the Vurgoyle states that the figure used is a Mage Knight Sand Minion... really not a big deal since you mention it further in the description. They are both pretty interesting cards and I like the idea of the falling hammer special!
Also I really like the ice giant and especially like the sculpt. The Towering presence is a neat idea although slightly confusing, I'm assuming you mean when attacking or defending against an enemy small or medium figure? While thematically cool, adding 4 to the base would give this guy two extra attack and defense if he was standing on a small cliff of only six height PLUS an automatic shield. I mean granted he is 5 points more than Jotun but I think this is just a wee bit overpowered... I could be wrong perhaps you intended him to be that way? Or perhaps a small cliff of 6 is something only found in the maps I make? Anyways that was more than my 2 cents.

Last edited by darius23__14; April 2nd, 2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 2nd, 2016, 09:22 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hjalmar is cool (Dauntless is one of my favorite Personalities), but I agree that 4 defense plus Tough (most of the time) is pretty crazy strong. Can't say on pricing, but he's a pretty great hero. I'd like to see more Giants amongst Generals, sorta like what they did with Dragons.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 3rd, 2016, 09:33 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I like that Hjalmir card, Mighty Swing is a nice remix of Cleave. I know how Towering Presence is meant to work, but I agree with darius that the wording could be clearer. I'd say he looks good at 230 points, assuming you're aiming for a figure in the "B" range. He's pretty much the same cost as Jotun but sturdier, which is fine because Jotun isn't that good to begin with.
Old April 5th, 2016, 09:28 AM

Thanks all for the feedback on Hjalmar! +Rep given (where I still can)

Yes, I think he is going to be hard to take down, with Icy Resistance + Towering Presence giving him an effective 8 defense a lot of the time. But he has some key weaknesses -- special attacks, Large / Huge figures, and Lava Resistant figures. I agree that Towering Presence needs rewording -- I took the power from Doc Savage and used his wording, but this is clearer:
When attacking or defending against a small or medium figure, you may add 4 to the height of Hjalmar's base.
I think that's Heroscape Consistent.

As for your point, @darius23__14 , I hadn't considered extreme height advantage, but I don't think it will come up. If Hjalmar is on top of a 6 tile cliff, the figure at the bottom would have to be 7 height for them to be adjacent. So he couldn't attack it. (At least, I think so, correct me if I'm wrong!) Since Towering Presence only works on small / medium figures, you'd need a pretty tall medium figure for that to work out. There aren't any medium figures in regular Scape (or VC) that are taller than 6.

I originally had a much more complicated version of Mighty Swing that allowed you to apply excess skulls from the first attack as auto-skulls to the subsequent attack, and on down the line, to simulate the Mighty Swing going through the first figure, being slowed down by its defense, and then hitting the second. (It's still the version I have on Sigrid Ironwill's card, which probably means going back and tweaking my First Custom yet again...) But if a power requires you to read it a couple of times to understand it, I'd prefer to do something simpler. Game Not Simulation! Keep It Simple, Stupid!
Old April 10th, 2016, 11:57 PM

OK so I have updated Hjalmar with the clearer wording on Towering Presence. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Here's a new card for your Roman armies.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old April 11th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bellatrix: Cool figure and nice synergy between Romans and their Archers. I'm not sure what the deal is with the non-wild requirement on the command though. Seems like making it Einar or Human Archers only would do the trick, but I suppose then she couldn't help the Aubriens. Having her and Mogrimm in a Roman army would give you quite the boost.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 11th, 2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Bellatrix: Cool figure and nice synergy between Romans and their Archers. I'm not sure what the deal is with the non-wild requirement on the command though. Seems like making it Einar or Human Archers only would do the trick, but I suppose then she couldn't help the Aubriens. Having her and Mogrimm in a Roman army would give you quite the boost.

~TAF
Thanks TAF! Yeah, I realized that if I didn't exclude the Grut Archers I would have a Bellatrix > Gruts > Beast in one turn. I did want to keep the Aubriens in. I could do it by general (excluding Utgar and Valkrill) but personality makes it shorter, even if the power is now very "custom."
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

As a person who usually has adverse physical reactions to "customy" powers, I don't think that Wild personality restriction crosses the line. Bellatrix looks like a solid attempt at encouraging cohesive Roman armies.
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like the idea of making use of the roman archers with the roman legionaires. I never really understood the lack of synergy in there. That's why my roman legos always get played with tenth regiment and not their archer counterparts.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 11th, 2016, 01:10 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Concept for Bellatrix is great!

For her activation on Archer's Command, do you need "After revealing an order marker, instead of taking a turn with Bellatrix ... "

I wish the Tagawa Samurai Archers were actually "Archers" to benefit from her powers. Then it would be easy to make it an Einar only power as well. A while ago I was working on custom ideas to help Roman Archers at Tagawa Archers but the wording was rough.

Thanks for sharing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards