Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 15th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: TAF's Customs 1-POWER CARDS

Great figures, @TheAverageFan ! I really like the Rustwalker faction.
If you're updating the cards in the OP, could I ask that you also add what figures are used, when applicable? It would be so useful!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 15th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
If you're updating the cards in the OP, could I ask that you also add what figures are used, when applicable? It would be so useful!
I'll try. When applicable, of course.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 16th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'll try. When applicable, of course.

~TAF
Thanks!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:20 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow The High Seas

Avast! I know it's been a while since I've posted another batch of my "quality"* Customs - I've been spending more time playtesting recently than I have been cranking out Customs. So I might have slowed down a bit, but some of my existing Customs should hopefully be improving as well. Keep an eye on the Patch Notes in the post below the OP for more changes.

Anyhow, we recently finally hit the 10,000th view on this thread, so I had to celebrate somehow! So, in the spirit of playtesting and patching, I've come up with some more seaworthy Customs to flesh out the Pirate faction, since they've been hurting somewhat in play tests. But to see if these work, I'll need to test them out too, so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Yarr!

Character Bio: Volthrax's legions can somewhat suffer from a lack of unity. Oftentimes having such greedy legions can lead to a lot more squabbling than actual action. So he's brought in Commodore Beckburr to whip his Pirates into shape.

With his extensive training, the Pirates can hold their own more in the heat battle, where the tiniest thing can lead to chaos.

Commodore Beckburr is the Marcus of the Pirate faction, brining an army-wide Melee Defense buff to everybody with Pirate Defense Training 1. With Cutlass 2, he can hold his own in a melee scrap as well. As nice as Melee Defense 1 is, however, pretty much all the Pirates already have really lousy defense already, so it's hard to gauge how many Pirates it will really save at the end of the day. Only one way to find out!

Character Bio: Einar's new Privateer armies strike at Utgar's supply lines and treasure troves, firing their weapons and rushing into battle. Fresh off the crazy competition of the high seas of the New World, the Privateers are perfect soldiers for the wild free-for-alls of Valhalla's unclaimed territories. Few things cans stand between them and the supplies they've set their eyes on.

New World Privateers are similar to the Regiment and the Pirates, a ranged 4-man squad who fare better in a melee fight than most ranged commons with Close Combat 1. On top of that, they make for good glyph-grabbers and holders with Plunder, good for objective play. Lastly, they can fare better than most on watery maps with Fast Swimmers, able to dodge one water space per movement. Versatile and adaptable, the Privateers make for another powerful Einar squad.

UPDATED:

The biggest problem the Yashbucklers have is maintaining the supply of Heroes and Squads all the way down the battlefield. The Squad with similar bonding, the Mohicans, are fast as Scouts, and Brave Arrow has Tracking, but the Pirates aren't so lucky, and aren't gifted with Concealment. So I've updated the Foreman, ditching Mine! (a thematic power, but Yashbucklers like their Treasure Glyphs on the ground anyway) in favor of Foreman's Command: a power that gives them a bonus movement if the Foreman didn't attack that turn. Hopefully it'll keep the unengaged Pirates mobile, even if it does come at the cost of a hiked price. We'll see.

Well, that's all for now. Let me know what you think, and I'll be back with more eventually! And a big thank you for giving this thread so many views!

~TAF

(figures used: Black Scorpion minis

Beckburr + Foreman = Pirates
Privateers = Privateers)

P.S. The Text versions of all Cards in the Index has been finished. Additionally, some playtested units have been assigned Grades by me, a la Spider_Poison's power levels, although these are subjective.

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old January 24th, 2016, 01:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TAF's Customs THE HIGH SEAS

Arrr! Pirates! Awesome looking faction, and you're ready for the classic Ninjas vs. Pirates vs. Robots vs. Zombies matchup. One wording suggestion on the Privateers' Fast Swimmers: change to "first consecutive water space in his movement." That way he can go land -> water 1 hex -> land -> water 1 hex -> land, the way it's worded now they would have to stop on the second water hex.

An idea for the Commodore:
Plundering Tactics [?]
Add 1 to your initiative roll for each opponent's figure on a Glyph or carrying a Treasure Glyph.
Old January 24th, 2016, 02:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Love your pirates, haven't pulled the trigger on my pirate customs yet. How do you like those black scorpion miniatures?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 24th, 2016, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
One wording suggestion on the Privateers' Fast Swimmers: change to "first consecutive water space in his movement." That way he can go land -> water 1 hex -> land -> water 1 hex -> land, the way it's worded now they would have to stop on the second water hex.
Ah, good thinking. Crossing 1 hex rivers is one of their best uses. EDIT: added and fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
An idea for the Commodore:
Plundering Tactics [?]
Add 1 to your initiative roll for each opponent's figure on a Glyph or carrying a Treasure Glyph.
The Commodore could use another power, I'll admit. I'm thinking an adjacent aura for something, so that he has a reason to be in on the action. EDIT: added a Marcus-esque Attack Aura to incentivize use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Love your pirates, haven't pulled the trigger on my pirate customs yet. How do you like those black scorpion miniatures?
Still a lot of proxying going on. The black scorpion minis require painting (which I'm terrible at), but they are around the right height for Heroscape, more or less.

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; January 25th, 2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old January 24th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Still a lot of proxying going on. The black scorpion minis require painting (which I'm terrible at), but they are around the right height for Heroscape, more or less.

~TAF
I've said it before and I'll say it again, try building your confidence on repaints before you try tackling figures from scratch. I wasn't that good and very unconfident when it came to miniature painting to start with, so I stopped for a long time, but then I did a series of repaints and it really made me better and more confident - they're a perfect training ground because being already painted makes them much more defined to paint on top of. Now, I really enjoy miniature painting and was pretty good at it, but to start with, it did scare me and I really hated it - maybe this method won't work for you, but it did for me so I thought I'd mention it.

Still looking great, @TheAverageFan .

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 24th, 2016, 10:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Another thing I have ran into when painting minis. I like to take them on in small numbers such as 1 to 2 at a time, When I paint whole armies at once it burns me out and makes mini painting not as fun. If you just concentrate on a couple at once I think you will enjoy it more.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 2nd, 2016, 03:03 PM

Arrow Investigator, Apepians

Hi, all. I'm back... With some guys... Check them out.

Ahem, anyway, I've got some varied units today: a thematic investigator for starters, but more importantly some more units for factions: more differenter Apepians for Ragnar as well as another Einar Captain for the Andalusians. Have a look-see:

Character Bio: Drake had been stationed on the front lines for a week now, troops exchanging fire over trenches and ducking down for the returning volleys back and forth over and over.

As if the standstill ground fight wasn't bad enough, things weren't great at the encampment too. Maps and written orders from the higher-ups were disappearing, supplies were sabotaged, and everyone was glaring at their own allies with distrust and contempt. The idea of being the Alliance was being allied, but here everything was quickly falling apart. If they didn't get things sorted out, they'd be routed by the end of the week.

At that very moment, a tall man walked into Drake's tent, tipping his hat and lighting up a cherry pipe, confidently holding it between his teeth.

"'Ello, sir Drake. Leonard, Scotland Yard Consultant, at your service. Here to get to the bottom of things."

Although perhaps not made with actual competitive gameplay in mind, Leonard is still a handy detective to have around to see what your opponent is up to. Tail Target is borrowed from Xenothea's spies, giving Leonard the ability to move every time his chosen suspect does. Inquisition enables Leonard to reveal enemy OMs as well, although this does not disable their use. Once you've found who's guilty (which is your opponent's entire army, turns out), Deduction will give the rest of your army a boost when attacking anyone with only revealed markers. A handy buff to be sure, but being a daring detective as he is, Leonard is always in danger being so close to enemies. Now to just come up with a good scenario for the guy.

Character Bio: Most Apepians are a vile bunch. Many are hard-pressed to guess which are worse: the brainwashed cultists of Ozirael's legions, or Ragnar's freshly summoned brutish Wargods. These crocodile-esque hammer-weilding savages can smash any defense away, overrunning any opposition without a second thought. Too dumb to be enlightened or brainwashed, the Crocis Wargods were best left to Ragnar, who saw no problem whatsoever with being uneducated and rugged.

Another Apepian faction (an old overpowered favorite), the Wargods of Crocis are a 4-man Squad who can pack a serious punch as long as they're on the move with Rushing Smash, giving them Deadly Strike. Even if they get bogged down, all is not lost: Pushback 14 can knock a figure back 2 spaces in a straight line (if possible, of course). This can give the Wargods some edge, especially when fighting downhill. 4 Defense ain't half-bad, either. As long as they don't get stuck, the Crocs are a powerful force to be reckoned with, packing the same heat and even more activations than the Minions of Utgar.

Character Bio: Ever expanding his legions of disciplined Human armies, Einar has summoned the Andalusians' chief general Zadim. Although hardy in a fight himself, Zadim's best uses are his experience and rigid training, able to teach his subordinates the tricks of the trade. The result is a faster, trickier, and generally superior Andalusian regiment.

I quite like the Andalusian Soldiers faction - a unique twist of an Einar army if you're getting bored of Romans or Knights, with some interesting bonding options to boot. However the only Captain that really belongs to them exclusively was Fahim, but no more. Zadim is powerful on his own with Double Attack, but he also packs some bonuses for the Andalusians and their Captains with Einar Captain Leadership and Einar Speed Evasiveness Aura 1 (that's a mouthful). Both capitalize on the faction's speed with the move boost to Captains and Evasiveness 1 to Einar figures with 6 move or more (of which there are surprisingly few, but at least some Samurai will also benefit from it).

~TAF

(figures used:
Leonard = Fairytale Games Battle Royale Sherlock Holmes
Wargods = Crocodile Games Sebeki Warriors
Zadim = Pathfinders Zadim, Human Slayer)

Old February 8th, 2016, 01:49 AM

Arrow Moar Apepians

Imma Back! It's me, TheAverageFan, back again and further fleshing out the Apepian Factions, this time with a race of birdlike people called the Tethru.

Now, some folks on this site have grieved at the lack of Jandar Customs, and while there are some good ones and I will confess to hating a lot of the Valkyrie's Official Units, I must agree that making unique customs for him can be demanding, since he mostly sticks to the boring lawful good kind. My main beef with him, however, is that he could use more interesting factions that aren't Humans or Kyrie, so he gets some Apepians. Sounds good, right? Let's take a look:

Character Bio: Apepians are a nasty lot, for the most part. While many are savage destructive beasts, and most are evil cultists, there is still a silver lining to the planet's population. That of course are the Tethru, the Holy Ones who fight to keep their planet from the darkness that threatens to consume it.

Jandar has summoned this dwindling race of heroic Monks, where they battle evil of all sorts across Valhalla. The Holy Ones Of Tethru fight harder and harder with each evil deed they witness, determined to stamp out all darkness they face. They believe that if the Alliance can help them slay the evil Apepian Deity Aura Baras of Ozirael's Cult, there may be hope yet for their doomed planet.

The Holy Ones Of Tethru are an interesting new Jandarian Common Squad unit. Typical for another 4 man squad to come with Bonding, but these guys mix it up by letting you bond with up to 2 Heroes. The catch is that they can't attack, so you're not necessarily scot-free when it comes to managing Order Markers. Their second draw is the unique ability Die By The Sword, which gives the Holy Ones additional attack dice depending on the enemy's own Attack Value. Rounding Down basically means that when it comes to odd numbers, ignore the decimal and go with that, so here's a basic chart to keep things easier:

Quote:
Enemy's Attack | Tethru's Attack
0-1 | 2
2-3 | 3
4-5 | 4
6+ | 5
They're quite good at tackling big bads, but with 3 Defense, they don't always last long, especially agains foes with lower attack or enemies that get boosts from other means. This ironically makes the Holy Ones quite bad against the other Apepian Squads, who both come with 2 Attack normally.

Character Bio: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ibis of the Holy Ones will not stand idly by while evil overruns his home planet and Valhalla. He refuses to do nothing - in fact, he will do anything to stamp out the forces of evil. Others might hesitate for fear of going too far, but the leader of the Holy Ones knows what must be done. Those he kills made their choice when they decided to fight for Valkyrie of darkness, there is no room for second chances in the battle of all time.

Some might call him merciless, cruel, unflinching. Ibis merely does what he knows is ultimately good for the universe. Hesitance gives the enemy strength.

Ibis is the Hero-killer Paladin of the Tethru faction, gaining boosts against Unique Heroes that have killed Jandar Squads within his eyesight with Condemn. Against anti-squad units like Nilf or Q9, this can be pretty good. Still, since Holy One bonding doesn't let Ibis attack, his best use is oftentimes his second power: Banner Of Tethru. A Range 6 Aura that cancels attack boosts is pretty crippling against many armies ranging from Minions to Anubians, and it ironically makes Ibis quite good against his own Bonding Squad. When neither power applies, however, Ibis' uses can be limited.

Character Bio: Hero of Wisdom. Paragon of Holiness. Illendrus has many titles.

The Apepian Cleric is an inspiration to all allies in the midst of battle. Spear and Shield in hand, he fights for justice, and is an icon of good across Valhalla. Oftentimes in the midst of battle, Illendrus will stoop down to offer a holy prayer for his allies. Although he lowers his defense to do so, the Apepian does it just the same. This inspires those around him to fight harder, and hold the defenses to keep their leader safe, and it is said that the meditative prayer he offers keeps them safe too.

Illendrus is an interesting unit to say the least. His X Order Marker power, Meditative Defense Aura, turns him into SotM Raelin for a much cheaper cost and bonding option. However, it renders him immobile and a very easy target. Without a proper screen, he's toast. Ignoring that power, he's also a decent beat stick for the cost, and Javelin is icing on the cake in that regard. For 80 points, he's a must have for the Tethru army, provided you can keep him safe.

Well that's all for now. A new faction is always welcome, right? Please let me know what you think, leave some feedback, yada yada yada... Anyhow, until next time.

~TAF

(figures used = Crocodile Games
Holy Ones = Tethru Warriors
Ibis = Harbinger of Thoth
Illendrus = Tethru Spearman)

Last edited by TheAverageFan; February 8th, 2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Hard as ice

Re: TAF's Customs MOAR APEPIANS

Wow - great new faction idea, TAF! I'm not someone who generally feels the need for more Jandar, but giving him a fairly new and original faction is still great! The theme, sculpts and mechanics are all interesting. I will say, though, if you want Banner of Tethru to negate Deadly Strike, you might want to reword it from 'extra skulls' to 'extra hits'.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards