Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old February 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Battle at the Border II - April 18th, 2009 - Woonsocket, RI

Battle at the Border II

Battle at the Border II returns to Woonsocket, Rhode Island for what we hope will be another great NESA tournament, and will also be the close of the 1st NESA season (with the NESA cup to be awarded in the days following).

Last year we had 30 participants, and we hope to crack the 40 plateau this time around.

The Venue
Where: Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
1409 Park Avenue, Woonsocket, RI 02895

When: 11:00am (please arrive no later than 10:30am for sign-in). I'll post exactly what time I plan to be there for set-up (along with Bengi and Monkeyclops) when I find out how early they'll let us in. Everyone is more than welcome to show-up early to help with set-up and to get a few pick-up games in.

*I'll be there bright and early at 7:30am*

For those who played last year, this is the same complex but we'll be in a different room. Not quite as big, but we can still fit more than we'll need. Also there will be no need for a break this year since we're using this other space (those who were there last year know what I'm talking about).

The Details:
The following is subject to change as myself, Bengi, and Monkeyclops sort things out further.

-no age limit, just an understanding of the game required
-swiss style
-five rounds
-50 minute time limit per round, once time expires finish the round you are currently playing and then play one more full round.
-700 points (but can only use 550 at a time)*
-24 hex start zone
-no Marvel or Customs (repaints acceptable)
-glyph pool listed below
-fractional scoring
-kill em all (kill points decide winner of match if time expires)
-each person responsible for bringing their own figures, cards, dice, OMs, and wound counters
-no entry fee other than something for the prize table
-we'll be 'passing the hat' in hopes of collecting $1 from everyone to help off-set the cost of the space
-match-ups and maps will be tracked and assigned by Sisyphus' Tournament Director software
-the map pool will be a mix of BoV, TWASMW (only if deemed balanced in time), and other maps that we or anyone else brings to our attention and would like to have it included

*Before a match starts you are allowed to see all of your opponents units and then select the 550 points you are going to use (from your 700pt pool) based on what you see. I found that the easiest way to do this is to come with index cards with all your possible combinations and then pull the one out you are going to use once you see everything your opponent has (if you do not bring pre-made army lists then you will be required to write your army down after seeing your opponents unit pool, though we may have everyone record their army on an 'official' document anyway). You are not allowed to see what your opponent will be leaving out before you make your decision.

So basically you're bringing up to 700 points worth of units, but can only use 550 points at any one time.

For example, I build the following 700 point army:

Marcus (100)
Me-Burq-Sa (50)
Legionnaires x4 (200)
Krav (100)
Ne-Gok-Sa (90)
Airborne Eliete (110)
Theracus (40)
Isamu (10)

Game 1: I see my opponents 700 point pool and then select the 550 points worth of units I want to use.

Example: Marcus, MBS, Legionnaires x4, Krav, NGS, Isamu = 550

Game 2: After seeing this new opponents 700 point pool I can choose a different 550 points from my 700 point pool:

Example: MBS, Legionnaires x4, Krav, NGS, AE = 550

Game 3,4,5: The same process.

NOTE: 700 points is optional, if you want to build a 550 point army and use that the whole day, that is perfectly fine.

Kids Tourney
If we get a suitable amount of younger players (twelve and under for now) we may break them off into a Kids Tourney, of which Pilgrim has graciously volunteered to oversee.

Please feel free to ask questions if anything isn't clear.

The Participants so far:
1. nyys
2. Bengi
3. Monkeyclops
4. Ollie
5. Cleon
6. Cleon's Dad
7. loborocket
8. son of loborocket
9. fil
10. tomcollins2000
11. RobertDD
12. arp12
13. Mombo101
14. theGuru
15. tehfattestninja
16. tiff
17. SuperEsenwein
18. I Like Pi
19. Jotun's Blacksmith
20. Kildawabit
21. Slaader
22. Darkmage7a
23. Pilgrim
24. son of Pilgrim
25. Tiak
26. son of Tiak
27. curseyoukhan
28. curseyoukhan2
29. Aeston
30. nyphot
31. Mrs nyphot
32. Harvard
33. Luthien
34. Joe

* = not 100%

The Maps:
Non-BoV
BoV

The Glyphs:
Wound
Intercept Order
Healer
Initiative
Move
Pit Trap
Lucky 20
Unique Attack
Brandar*

*This will be a glyph of the first holder's choosing. Not all the glyphs from the above list will be allowed to be chosen, only a select few (and may vary from map to map that has a Brandar glyph). Once Brandar is assigned a glyph, it remains the same glyph for the remainder of the game.

Not all maps will have glyphs. For those that do, they will come from the above list. Our group will be assigning which glyphs from the above pool will go with each map (that is using glyphs). Any glyphs that are played face up will be fixed for that map. Glyphs that are played face down will be chosen randomly from a group of at least 1+the number of face down glyphs needed for the specific map from the list above.

We'll also be contacting some of the Cartographers asking for input on what glyphs they feel work best on their maps, which means we may vary from the list above at times.

-----
Keep an eye on this thread as I will be updating it daily with new players and items I failed to mention as questions come in.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; April 17th, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Battle at the Border II - April 18th, 2009 - Woonsocket

Count me in!
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:06 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Oh I would have love to gone, but my wife's birthday is on the 17th, and usually we have a party that saturday for her.

Really wanted to see about the Sidebar too.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Sounds great. I'm not sure if I'm off that week but it's a Saturday anyways. I haven't talked to my dad yet, but I've been really looking forward to Battle At The Border II, since I wasn't with you guys when the first one happened. Even though it's not definate, it's a higher possibility so you could put us down (Cleon; Cleon's Dad) if you want to.
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Count my son and I in on this one.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll hopefully come with others...Got to make sure Dad will drive me though.
Old February 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

It's confirmed, we're in. .

Are you required to have a side board, or can you just play the same 550pt. army for every round (I know the side board benefits you but I'm just curious)?
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:35 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Sweet! You can play the same 550 if you like the whole time, the side board is just there as an option for you.

-insert signature here-
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Sweet! You can play the same 550 if you like the whole time, the side board is just there as an option for you.
Awesome, can't wait!
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
NESA CUP clarification: To qualify for NESA bonus scoring you need to meet the requirements for all 5 games though.
Old February 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Updated the sidebar explanation. As it was there was definitely room for misinterpretation. If anything is confusing, please feel free to point it out and/or ask questions.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events