Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
The problem is you really need to get that good roll, or else that 120 points isn't going to do much. That doesn't mean you can't build a good army with that core, though.

220 Minions of Utgar x2
120 Runa
120 Marro Stingers x2
040 Filler
Even if you don't get the good roll, Runa can slow up opposing forces with here mere presence (much like Raelin actually, if you lead out with her). When she is on the board and a big hero is near her, she commands the opponent's attention. This gives you time to move the Minions up to deal with the hero if Runa can't Mitonsoul it. It also keeps that hero occupied until the AE drop....

Runa - 120
Minions x2 - 220
AE - 110
Marro Warriors - 50

Total = 500

Using the Marros as cleanup figures, this army will let you focus on just Runa and the Minions early game. The AE can catch up to them wherever they go and also, the AE is another unit that commands attention when they're on the board. I've found the greatest strength this army has is giving your opponent so many tempting targets to attack, while you have versatility in your Order Markers to make the best decision based on the strategy the opponent takes. That's the true power of Utgar's Orders.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I know it's kind of early, but I think these guys are going to make a comeback again this summer if the large heroes come out before GenCon. They seem like one of the few common squads that won't be hurt too badly by Zelrig's special, since they'll still have 4 defense. I think just the fear of Zelrig might convince some people to shy away from 4th Mass and similar squads, and these guys will be a good counter to the Hero and Unique-heavy armies that we will likely see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I really like the Minions. Expensive, but a lot of fun to play IMO. Get them on height and along with an A+1 glyph, they are Hella-Deadly (the 6 defense is huge as well, I think that's the stat I like most).

I haven't looked up the stats on Zelrig, does he take defense dice away?

-insert signature here-
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Hmmm, I like it. That's a good point. We'll have to see when it gets closer. Heck, I remember thinking about Zelrig affecting my army choosing at the end of last year when we thought we'd get them. But we all know that didn't happen. I am looking forward to seeing what the new stuff will do. There is so much we haven't seen of the new stuff like most of the wave with sir dupuis and a couple of heroes from Aquilla's Alliance. I lvoe new figures adn seeign what they will do to the game.

Also, where are the stats for Zelrig'sa special attack? It's been so long since I've looked at them I've forgotten where they are. Could you post a link if it's not too much trouble? Thanks!

Edit* Ah nevermind, found it. It's at the offical website. What a great article. I hope they make more of them.
http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I don't have a link, but I remember that it had 7 range, 3 Attack, explodes like a DW9K or shotgun blast, and that Common Squad figures roll two fewer defense dice when hit by it.

It pretty much owns Romans, Sentinels, 4th Mass, Thorgrim, and Gruts. How good he is will depend a lot on his stats, but based on that special attack alone, I think that Minions might be better when he comes out. Sacred Band too, incidentally, and of course any unique squad.

But if he's too expensive or frail to really make work, he might not affect the metagame much at all. He's the one figure whose stats I'm anticipating the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
I really like the Minions. Expensive, but a lot of fun to play IMO. Get them on height and along with an A+1 glyph, they are Hella-Deadly (the 6 defense is huge as well, I think that's the stat I like most).

I haven't looked up the stats on Zelrig, does he take defense dice away?
MAJESTIC FIRES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 3.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Majestic Fires Special Attack. Common Squad figures roll 2 less defense dice against Majestic Fires Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Zelrig cannot be affected by his own Majestic Fires Special Attack.

from the main website: http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
OUCH! Majestic fires will pretty much lay waste to every common squad... Stingers and Aubrien Archers will burn as well. I bet his life and defense are low to balance him out. He sure does make raelin more appealing.

You're right about the minions though... but with only a 4 defense, they sure are expensive...

Imagine the impact Zelrig would have if his majestic fire affected any figure... hello melted slag puddle that used to be Q9.... LOL

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM

I could see zelrig being scary, but I doubt he'll be too good. Just make sure your commons aren't adjacent to each other, then he'll only be able to kill one a turn, hardly anything to be afraid of. Now if he gets to your starting zone before you can move any of them away, or if you have too many figures to be spaced apart then he may be awesome. I think he'll be a "paper" unit. Still sounds like fun though. If he can cause people not to play with the 4th mass that will be good enough for me.

Oh and paradox, Zelrig's magestic fire can target any figure, unique or common, It's just that the defense dice modifier only affects common figures. I am sure that's what you meant but just in case I'm clarifying. So if your opponent surrounded his Q9 with common figures, go ahead and target him. It's like an upgraded shotgun blast that is especially good for juicy generic soldiers.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
I see how the Minions may be a popular common to take against him, throw RotV Raelin in and the effect is negated.

That or just go after him with unique squads.

Definitely a start zone killer.

1st turn Fly Theracus out and take Saylind (that's the summoning elf right?) with him. 2nd turn make normal move with Saylind and summon Zelrig. 3rd turn reach opponents start zone with Zelrig and reek havoc.

A lot can happen in between of course.

-insert signature here-
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

~sigh~ Sometimes, these guys dominate, and sometimes they fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

I played this army yesterday:

Minions x 2
Wolves of Badru x 2
Anubian Wolves x 1
Khosumet
Isamu

Five of my six Minions died by rolling NO shields the first time they were attacked. The last one managed to block one whole attack before dying in his starting zone!

But I recognize that as a particularly unlucky circumstance. The Red Tide is an awesome force.

Old October 4th, 2008, 06:11 PM

Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker Boondocksaint knows what's in an order marker

So any suggestions for heros that complment these guys for a 480 point army. So 3 or 2 squads of these guys and something else?
Old October 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

480? Well I love these guys with Stingers, even though you asked about Heroes.

Minions x 3
Stingers x 2
Guilty McCreech

With heroes...

Minions x 2
Taelord
Zetacron
Marcu

It lacks significant range, but should be fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units