Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 5x400 General Wars! West Chester PA tournament - June 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Thanks Tom for a great day! Gongrats to JohnG for his first tourny win!
/boggle

Congrats, JohnGee! It's been a long time coming.

First Bill, now JG, it's great to see.

edit: Kid_Scaper says congratulations, too.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Johngeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congrats!
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:25 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Wooohooo... Thanks for the congrat's guys, I can hardly believe it myself. I had a really GRRRREAT TIME, and not because I won five games in a row and got back the five dollars I paid into the last seven tournaments I've attended; and not because I finally defeated Xanth on my ninth attempt; and not because I finally got to play against Spidysox after all these years that The Eastern PA Heroscape Group evolved into the Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers league; BUT because I spent a whole Saturday afternoon playing a silly, quasi- war game with a wonderful group of friends. I can say that every one of those five games were tough battles that were very close and could have gone either way for me (a WIN or a LOSS) right up until the last man standing. I did tweak my game style a little bit to play more aggressively, but the dice were very good to me yesterday. I was consistently hitting three skulls on four attack dice and my opponents just happened to whiff at the worst possible strategic moment. I hope that every one had fun and is as excited as I am about getting together again next month. And now that I proven to myself that I can do it, I won't have to bring such cheezy armies next time. I'll try to post some Battle Reports tomorrow.

&OBTW: Thanks again TOM for organdizing and hosting this event.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Johngee, congrats on your new sig. It's been a long time coming.

You know you owe a tourney report on our tournament in Savage from last month, so you have a lot of writing to do.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You know you owe a tourney report on our tournament in Savage from last month, so you have a lot of writing to do.
I know, I know... I did take a lot of notes and a few photographs at that event also with good intentions to post decent reports, but the preparations for moving back to the Jurzee Shore became a frantic scramble and now they are still packed away in one of these boxes that I've got stacked in my "game room." I will try to locate them and get back to you by the end of the week, before my grand-daughter's graduation party, because then we leave for twelve dazed days in Florida and what few brain cells I have left will definitely turn to mush.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm just curious John, what were your five armies? Congrats again!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old June 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
Thanks again for making us feel so welcome. We had a blast. Hosey is still going on about the "dad" figure that breathes fire.
Thank you so much for joining us. It was great to meet you and your son! Hopefully we will get to see you guys again at another event soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog View Post
Hope everyone had a great time! I stepped on a nail while demolishing a kitchen Friday night and spent today getting it all taken care of. Great timing.

Hopefully it went swimmingly and this will be the first of many tournaments at this location
Sorry to hear about your foot Chillidog. This wasn't our first event at The Games Keep and it definitely won't be our last. Hopefully you can make the next one. Just keep an eye on the MARS (Mid Atlantic Regional Scapers) thread for announcements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I'm just curious John, what were your five armies? Congrats again!
I will try to get the results and armies posted sometime tomorrow. I have been a bit busy so I think I am going to skip a separate post tourney thread. Lets just use this space for battle reports and such.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and Scaping this past weekend! I had a great time and I hope the rest of you did as well. Also, a big congratulations to Johngee for nabbing his first tournament win!
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:43 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I had a blast on Saturday. My games were all very close and could have gone either way. Most of them came down to just a couple of units on either side and some critical initiative rolls (most of which I was fortunate to win). I managed a 4-1 record and second place with my only loss coming to Johngee (the champ for the day). It was great to see everyone again (and to see all the M.A.R.S. shirts ) and I certainly hope that I don't have to wait so long again to play some scape with friends.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:50 PM

@ ClanCampbell ~

Last week I listed all the armies I was bringing in the teaser, I brought extras, just in case someone showed up and didn't have one (like DragonSlayer2's or SqueegeeLuigi9999's brother, cousin, friend, girlfriend, etc.), or wanted to borrow a unit or two (like Xanth), BUT of course I did already have my favorites picked out - the ones that I wanted to use... the Cheesyest of Cheesey Cheese. Here are the ones I went with. Hopefully, Battle Report will follow sometime soon.

GAME #1. Janar vs. Xanth on the Frossenmere Map :
1x Sergeant Drake Alexander @110, 1x Raelin Kyrie Warrior @80, 3x 4th Massachusettes Line @210, = 14 fig's @ 400 pts.

GAME #2. Vydar/Vakrill vs. Hosey on the Map at location "I" (?) :
1x Krav Maga Agents @100, 3x MicroCorp Agents @ 300 = 12 fig's @ 400 pts.

GAME #3. Utgar vs. Mad_Wookiee the Moltenclaw's Gulch Map :
1x Su-Bak-Na @160, 3x Marro Stingers @180, 1x Marro Warriors @50, 1x Isamu Ninja @10, = 15 fig's @ 400 pts.

GAME #4. Aquilla/Ullar vs. SpidySox on the Cage Match Map :
1x Mogrimm Forgehammer @120, 1x Mohican River Tribe @70, 3x Dwarves of TBF @ 210 = 16 fig's @ 400 pts.

GAME #5. Einar vs. Mason on the Fulcrum Map :
1x Marcus Decimus Gallus @100, 1x Capuan Gladiators @70, 3x 10th Regiment of Foot @225 = 16 fig's @ 395 pts.

Last edited by Johngee; June 22nd, 2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Added BoV map data.
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Results and armies posted in the second post of the thread. Enjoy!
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I talked to Karl today - he has some Heroscape stuff and the animal crackers that someone left behind. Any takers?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:54 AM

M_W ~
You can tell Karl to put the Animal Crackers in his soup (ala Shirley Temple). They were just for everyone (& anyone) to enjoy. I thought about making custom heroscape units out of them for the C3V guys to play test, but I can get others. I believe that I have ALL of my HS stuff; I'm extremely anal about such things. It's best to check with the kids who were there, since I did keep finding other peopkle's dice and markers on the floor.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events