Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 28th, 2023, 12:15 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler

The Book of Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler

Master Set IV - Age of Annihilation

Basic Side:
Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Renegade's Story Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Stout of height and heart, Dorim is a dwarf of uncommon stubbornness. While he often stands beside strange creatures from distant worlds, Dorim has adjusted to life on Valhalla uncommonly swiftly. Formerly a close ally of the Valkyrie general Aquilla, Dorim is compelled to seek a permanent end to the ongoing war; a task he imagines cannot be accomplished alongside the Valkyrie Generals, whose very title is a military rank. He hopes one day they might right their differences. Until then, he does what dwarves do best, and follows his heart.

Quote:
DORIM THE BULKHEAD BRAWLER
Aquilla / Feylund / Dwarf / Unique Hero / Pirate / Fearless / Small 4
Life 5 / Move 5 / Range 1 / Attack 4 / Defense 3 / Points 100

CHARGE!!!
If Dorim attacks an opponent's figure during his turn, the Move value of all os your Army Cards is increased by 1 until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.

CHAIN AXE
After rolling attack dice, before defence dice are rolled, you may re-roll one die that did not show a skull.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- ADMIRAL EJ-1M : Admiral's Orders:
As a Pirate, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from Admiral EJ-1M's ADMIRAL'S ORDERS. (AoA)

- ADMIRAL EJ-1M : Boarding Party Special Attack:
As a Pirate, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may be moved by Admiral EJ-1M's BOARDING PARTY. (AoA)

- CRIMSON WIDOW : Pirate Commander:
As a Pirate, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from Crimson Widow's PIRATE COMMANDER. (AoA)

- CRIMSON WIDOW : Midnight Raid:
As a Pirate, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may be moved by Crimson Widow's MIDNIGHT RAID. (AoA)

- DREADNAUTS OF NEW TORTUGA : Captain's Orders:
As a Pirate Hero, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from Dreanauts of New Tortuga's CAPTAIN'S ORDERS activation synergy. (AoA)

- FIRST OFFICER BOK-BUR-NA : Intimidate:
As a Pirate, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from First Officer Bok-Bur-Na's INTIMIDATE. (AoA)

- KNAVES OF THE SILVER SCIMITAR : Captain's Orders:
As a Pirate Hero, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from Knaves of the Silver Scimitar's CAPTAIN'S ORDERS activation synergy. (AoA)

- THE AXEGRINDERS OF THE BURNING FORGE : Dwarven Strategic Bonding:
As a Dwarf hero, Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler may benefit from The Axegrinders' DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy. (Classic)

Synergy Benefits Offered
- CHARGE!!! : Figures that can move after Dorim attacks without revealing another Order Marker:
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

ryguy266: Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler: Certainly best as a Dwarf Hero than a Captain, Dorim gets the Axegrinders into battle quicker and can really dish out damage. A
(Subject to change)

OEAO: A-
(Subject to change)

Matthias Maccabeus (Melee Perspective): B+
(Subject to change)

Master Index
AoA Proxy Model Thread
Is this design finished?
Is this compatible with C3V/SoV?

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Myriadite; March 24th, 2024 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Power Ranking
Old July 28th, 2023, 12:18 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler

@caps uploaded the Gen Con 2022 photographs to the gallery, but if someone else took the photographs, let me know and I will credit accordingly.
Old July 31st, 2023, 11:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
@caps uploaded the Gen Con 2022 photographs to the gallery, but if someone else took the photographs, let me know and I will credit accordingly.
I did take those pictures.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 29th, 2023, 03:27 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dorim was the only update to the power rankings post-Scapecon. He earned it and cemented his place as a top Axegrinder hero. He is now sitting at Rank A next to his buddies.
Old August 30th, 2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Dorim was the only update to the power rankings post-Scapecon. He earned it and cemented his place as a top Axegrinder hero. He is now sitting at Rank A next to his buddies.
Nice! I have updated the book accordingly.

For those interested, here are some excellent battle reports from this year's Scapecon that document Dorim's usefulness well:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 30th, 2023, 10:50 AM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Nice! I have updated the book accordingly.

For those interested, here are some excellent battle reports from this year's Scapecon that document Dorim's usefulness well:
Spoiler Alert!
Dorim is seriously good, when I built that army I was expecting him to feel more like a Migol in terms of power/usefulness, but he is much more on par with the likes of darrak and mogrimm. Charge really changes the way you can play dwarves. I will also add Dorim gets significantly worse if he is your only bonding option. Migol and Mogrimm are both very solid units who can tank really well. Darrak has hide in darkness, and wants to come in only for sneak attack. Dorim however wants to be right up in the fray the whole time, but he doesn’t have any defensive capabilities meaning he usually goes down pretty quick. While he is alive your dwarves are doing amazing, but if he is the only bonding option, you are forced to either accept he will die or use him sparingly.
Old January 19th, 2024, 06:22 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sooo "Chain Axe" is suspiciously close to having 5 base attack value (but you can't roll more than 4 skulls). Is it just me or could they have saved some text and just given him 5 attack? Or is there some synergy I'm not aware of that makes Chain Axe worth it?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 19th, 2024, 09:55 PM

The satisfaction of rerolling an uncooperative die at least.
Old January 20th, 2024, 03:12 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Sooo "Chain Axe" is suspiciously close to having 5 base attack value (but you can't roll more than 4 skulls). Is it just me or could they have saved some text and just given him 5 attack? Or is there some synergy I'm not aware of that makes Chain Axe worth it?
It's basically 5 attack dice yes, but the damage cap is 4.
Old January 20th, 2024, 11:48 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I wish I remember enough from Stats to work out the differences between Chain Axe and 5 attack. But regardless, like @Myriadite said, getting to reroll a die you needed a skull on in a clutch moment would outweigh a slight mechanical advantage of 5 attack

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 9th, 2024, 04:24 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It isn't that different.
Just take row 6 of Pascal's triangle:
1 5 10 10 5 1
With 5 dice that's:
1/32: 0
5/32: 1
10/32: 2
10/32: 3
5/32: 4
1/32: 5
Average of 2.5 hits.
The 4-dice-with-one-reroll case is just the 5-dice case where a 5 counts as a 4, so just change the '4' to 6/32 and drop the '5' category.
The average only drops to 2.46, which is still a lot better than the '2' average of 4 dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 8th, 2024, 09:16 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Of all the figures, I think I'm most excited for Dorim. Getting 5 move bonded dwarves, is a bit limited, since he has to attack, but just means being that much more careful to slow roll (as one should anyway). He is a bit squishy, with only 3 defense, so won't last long if he gets surrounded.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units