Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 7th, 2024, 10:13 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Curt's Customs

New version of tactical strike is much better imo. I also like making him Einar
Old May 7th, 2024, 10:26 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
For clarification, are you recommending dropping "friendly" as in the ability can only trigger off of my units, not teammates? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying about the chaining potential.
I'm not really worried about the "friendly" part, though that could be dropped too. I just want to limit it to your own turns to cut down on off-turn chaining.

Quote:
In your opinion, would a General and/or class change help differentiate Colossus as a different type of Warforged, similar to how each General's Soulborgs look very different from each other? I was already toying with the idea of a change to Einar, as the unit itself felt like it fit thematically better with that general.
The issue isn't class, it's species. I don't think it should be Warforged.
Old May 7th, 2024, 01:06 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
How would you feel if it was just Forged? I believe you had recommended previously Clockwork, but my worry is that there are already Clockwork Golems in existence and possible future versions that could better represent that faction if it were created.
Old May 7th, 2024, 01:09 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
How would you feel if it was just Forged? I believe you had recommended previously Clockwork, but my worry is that there are already Clockwork Golems in existence and possible future versions that could better represent that faction if it were created.
A little similar to Warforged, but I'm fine with it. What planet are you considering if you made this change? The Inner Sanctum would probably be happy to see some SoV expansion to Arctorus, and a steampunk-y construct would be a perfect fit.
Old May 8th, 2024, 05:12 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
A little similar to Warforged, but I'm fine with it. What planet are you considering if you made this change? The Inner Sanctum would probably be happy to see some SoV expansion to Arctorus, and a steampunk-y construct would be a perfect fit.
Admittedly, I'm not well-versed in the lore of the VC planets. But, having gone through the books of the Arctorian units, I do think that Colossus fits best with their vibe more so than the other planets. My idea for "Forged" is more of a nod to its roots and creating a loose thematic thread to the Eberron Warforged in a way similar to how there are Toril and Grut Orcs. So, the similarity is intentional.

I'm warming up to the change. I'll keep playing around with the Tactical Strike wording, and see how it all looks on a card when I do my next update.
Old May 10th, 2024, 11:02 PM

Testing new version of Colossus and Tortle changes

Colossus
Spoiler Alert!

General - Vydar to Einar
Species - Warforged to Forged
Class Titan to Construct

Tactical Strike 17
When an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Colossus, roll the 20-sided die. Add 6 to your roll if the opponent's figure was placed adjacent to Colossus by a figure you control. If you roll a 17 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may be targeted only as they become engaged with Colossus.

Looking for feedback on the Tactical Strike language or balance, or any other changes.

So far, the most effective use of Tactical Strike would be Motley Max with the low proc number for the chain grab and his own Engagement Strike. This is similar to GIE's use of Ice Spikes with Motley Max.

The odds of inflicting at least 1 wound w/ MM and Colossus is 54% for one figure and 80% if MM can pull two units. Compared to GIE, those numbers are 42%/48.75% and 66%/73.5% depending on if he gets his ice buff. So all-in-all, it's a higher number, but I don't think it'll cause any crazy balance issues.

Also, Stormshell Warriors effective movement from Flood Launch down 3 to 2, plus a new version of the card with better visual fidelity has replaced the old one in the OP.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards