Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirek View Post
I hope to be coming, but I live in North Carolina now. We'll have to see if I'll be able to make it up there some way.

Go ahead and put me down as a maybe. I'm going to do my best, but I can't guarantee anything. Hopefully I'll also be able to drag along Nathanwright, Kafkaesque, Nick, and Trotter, some of whom you all have met.
You'd better come. I owe a beatdown for last years embarrassment of my Goblins.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If I can come, I wouldn't like to use SoV/C3V units. At least, I just don't think they should be used *now*. I just feel we'll need more than 15 days to a little over a month to review all of the C3V stuff and get a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Seriously, we're only getting a little over 2 weeks to plan an army with the last 3 units(and in my gametime, it takes more than a few theoryscape sessions on HSers to really dig into a unit. Just my
But the fun part is seeing how they affect the metagame with only a little time to play instead of just theoryscaping. Last year, I had a tourney that week Wave D13 came out (granted it was a draft tourney) and there was nothing quite exhilarating as playing a figure you have never played before in a tourney. But maybe I am an exception, and I totally understand your concern.

My thinking is, if you don't want to play the C3V units you don't have to, so there is not much harm in allowing them - but I guess everyone theoretically has to think about how to counter the C3V units as they affect the metagame, so it could make a difference. I just don't see most of the units released so far as game breakers, except maybe the Marro Gnids who can take down heroes easily so people might be slightly less inclined to bring hero heavy armies if C3V was allowed - which makes it difficult in 20-space low-point armies. The other C3V units just seem to bolster lower rated units up.
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I understand your point Lefton4ya, it is fun to try new stuff out, I just see it hard to counter additional units you have barely gotten to meet when your actually trying to win a game or two. If they steamroll you because you forgotten they exist(which would be possible if your testing armies out and then you get hit with some counter), it's just that you had no forewarning(or rather, not a lot of time) to prepare.

Either way, I would need a ride there so my opinion may not count if I can't find a designated driver

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:25 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Hi I know I haven't posted in awhile. I've talked to jacob_jp and I'll be posting the rules for the Battle Royale up on the main page. We've also toyed around with possibly allowing a side tournament to be held midway through the event that allows the customs to be used.

Grenade lobbyist
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:39 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I wouldn't like to use SoV/C3V units. At least, I just don't think they should be used *now*. I just feel we'll need more than 15 days to a little over a month to review all of the C3V stuff and get a good idea of what works and what doesn't.
SoV/C3V might be one of the best way to keep Scape alive & fresh. That is why allowing them on NHSD is impotent. My goal is to have fun that day.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 13th, 2011, 07:49 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't like to use SoV/C3V units. At least, I just don't think they should be used *now*. I just feel we'll need more than 15 days to a little over a month to review all of the C3V stuff and get a good idea of what works and what doesn't.
SoV/C3V might be one of the best way to keep Scape alive & fresh. That is why allowing them on NHSD is impotent. My goal is to have fun that day.
I thought your goal with Scape morale was to get it up?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I'm in. Unless Cincinnati does something.....
I'm going up, so unless someone else in Cincy wants to throw something, the big gig will be in Columbus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Not a very hard joke to make (nope...not hard at all), but very effective.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I love jokes that make fun of when people spell words errogenously.
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:54 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Quote:
Once again my bad spelling has brought people joy.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Put down "Chachi and Son" We are "strong maybes" as in most likely to attend barring any stupidity up here in Cleveland....

Uhm, did I miss times for the gathering? I only see a date....

PM me about any custom scenery
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM

I'd love to see some C3V allowed, as I just received a bunch of it in the mail. I'm stoked to play it.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Any trading/selling/buying going on there?

PM me about any custom scenery

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day