Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
Problem viewing pictures in the fourms

I am having issues looking at some of the pictures on some of the forums. Mind you it is not in all threads and in some threads it is split. In each case where there should be a picture and there is not there is an extra line break and a period that is almost unseeable. If someone could tell me how to see the pics I would greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks.
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Problem viewing pictures in the fourms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
I am having issues looking at some of the pictures on some of the forums. Mind you it is not in all threads and in some threads it is split. In each case where there should be a picture and there is not there is an extra line break and a period that is almost unseeable. If someone could tell me how to see the pics I would greatly apprecaite it.
I am unable to view some of the pictures when I connect from work; our firewall blocks access to photobucket.com and deviantart.com (two sites I've seen images linked from), which makes the pages stay in loading state until the browser finally gives up on contacting them and displays the 'broken image link' icon instead.

From your description, it appears that you have a similar problem -- either you're not getting hostname resolution for one of the sites used to host images, or your connection to that site is broken, so the images don't load. Since, in either case, the problem isn't at your site, there isn't much you can do to address the problem directly. One thing you might try is going through an anonymizer site; since that will make all the requests for a page and its images go through the anonymizer site's nameservers and backbone connection, it may go around the problem you're having.
Old October 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
That sounds like that would be the problem. So while at work I will have to deal. I will just make a note to see certain threads from home.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion