Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old July 1st, 2010, 10:27 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What if They stopped producing scape tommorow?

Just to clear things up, this is a startegy article of what to do if 'scape ended TOMMORW!
Intro-

We've all seen those Armeggedon movies where the world ends and stuff like that. We'll I've got a scarier proposal for you. What if 'Scape ended RIGHT NOW! Ok, not right now. Think back to the months leading up to when BftU was to be previewed. We didn't know exactly scape was going. It seemed that if WotC didn't win big with there next realse, scape would get the plug pulled on. We all know that that didn't happen and scape is running better than ever. But what if it had failed? Where would have gone from there?

Now a hypothetical timeline of after scape ended after BftU was realsed-
A few days after cutoff- Heroscapers.com and Scapers would go on pretty much untouched, with new stratgeies for Bftu and battle reports, tourneys going on, everything going on as usaul.

4 months after cutoff- Some 'Scapers would start to give up and we get a few people attempting to sell there colection. Custom creators would start pumping out more customs. A few gaming groups may end, but we still be pretty much intact.

8 months after cutoff- This site would start to take a down turn. Less players would mean less people to play with, and with less people to play with, they will start trying to sell there collection. We will start seeing more and more people trying to sell there collection. Gaming groups would see a downturn, It would just be a huge ripple effect.

14 months after cutoff- I would a half way site population loss as only more diligent members would still be on this site still. gaming groups would suddenly be a lot more scares attritubing to a loss of even more members.

2 years after cutoff- This site will die. Scape group would be impossible to find, but scape would still have a handful of players.

50 million years after cutoff- All scapers will be dead.

What would happen to the meta-game?
Just like scape it would come to a stand still. 4th Mass still on top, Q9, rats (Now to a bit of a lesser extent, because of the replsours) , knights would be on top and figures like DW7K and Hamamoto Taro would still, and always will suck.

How do we stop it?
WE BUY SCAPE!

What would we do to stop it's death if it did get cut off?-
Hold tournies, post on this site, do anything to keep it alive. Play with your game group more often, continue new projects like the Cg3 project.

What about newer scapers?-
Sadly, they could not start a new game group (due to lack of figures) and would be in the dark about the game until they find a new game group, so new scapers would be scares.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; July 1st, 2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: If admins want to move this for not being sratgeyarticley that's fine by me
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:49 PM

Tagawa Woo who?
Re: What if They stopped producing scape tommorow?

So... What do you want us to say about that?

Discretion is the better part of valor.
~ William Shakespeare
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:00 PM

mysterium is surprisingly tart

Why are there two threads for this? Am I not understanding something?
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:07 PM

Grand Moff Venom Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterium View Post
Why are there two threads for this? Am I not understanding something?
He accidently duplicated the thread.
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

My scape group and I got to the 4 month area before Wizard of the Coast took over.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I once sold off my Magic the Gathering cards and 4 years came back to it.
With that knowledge I plan on keeping all of my Scape and use it until the end of my days where my gchildren can/will play
I have a limited collection so whenever I add to it I make sure the additions aren't game breaking and all units still viable, adding longevity.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Just to clear things up, this is a startegy article of what to do if 'scape ended TOMMORW!
Intro-

We've all seen those Armeggedon movies where the world ends and stuff like that. We'll I've got a scarier proposal for you. What if 'Scape ended RIGHT NOW! Ok, not right now. Think back to the months leading up to when BftU was to be previewed. We didn't know exactly scape was going. It seemed that if WotC didn't win big with there next realse, scape would get the plug pulled on. We all know that that didn't happen and scape is running better than ever. But what if it had failed? Where would have gone from there?

Now a hypothetical timeline of after scape ended after BftU was realsed-
A few days after cutoff- Heroscapers.com and Scapers would go on pretty much untouched, with new stratgeies for Bftu and battle reports, tourneys going on, everything going on as usaul.

4 months after cutoff- Some 'Scapers would start to give up and we get a few people attempting to sell there colection. Custom creators would start pumping out more customs. A few gaming groups may end, but we still be pretty much intact.

8 months after cutoff- This site would start to take a down turn. Less players would mean less people to play with, and with less people to play with, they will start trying to sell there collection. We will start seeing more and more people trying to sell there collection. Gaming groups would see a downturn, It would just be a huge ripple effect.

10 months (or less) after cutoff- Hundreds of CoN players would force Lord Raidor to make a site specifically for CoNing, all the while keeping 'Scape figures as a fun and imaginative way of RPing. CoN 'Scape would survive for decades after, as CoN is just too awesome to die.

14 months after cutoff- I would a half way site population loss as only more diligent members would still be on this site still. gaming groups would suddenly be a lot more scares attritubing to a loss of even more members.

2 years after cutoff- This site will die. Scape group would be impossible to find, but scape would still have a handful of players.

50 million years after cutoff- All scapers will be dead.

What would happen to the meta-game?
Just like scape it would come to a stand still. 4th Mass still on top, Q9, rats (Now to a bit of a lesser extent, because of the replsours) , knights would be on top and figures like DW7K and Hamamoto Taro would still, and always will suck.

How do we stop it?
WE BUY SCAPE!

What would we do to stop it's death if it did get cut off?-
Hold tournies, post on this site, do anything to keep it alive. Play with your game group more often, continue new projects like the Cg3 project.

What about newer scapers?-
Sadly, they could not start a new game group (due to lack of figures) and would be in the dark about the game until they find a new game group, so new scapers would be scares.
Fixed, for truthfulness.
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM

Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker Whitearrow knows what's in an order marker

Probably what's already been said, no new people, Emphasis on the CoNs moving away and into more forms, and the site dying within a few years.

Oh, and Custom Heroscape people would see a lot more demand...
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:05 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

hmm this day after tomorrow thing is kinda fun. Your like the robotic ghost of heroscape past present and future!

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I'll tell ya what happens: aftermarket value of ALL Heroscape products goes through the roof, thereby making my complete collection not only purdy, but damned valuable...I'd already make back all monies spent on it were I to break it up and sell, but since that will NEVER happen, I'll just be the weird dude with way too many plastic toys.

This site will be here for years, guaranteed. Who cares if they kill it?...at this point, I won't mind too much. I mean, I'll mind, but...not that much. I've got what I need!
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:01 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
I'll tell ya what happens: aftermarket value of ALL Heroscape products goes through the roof, thereby making my complete collection not only purdy, but damned valuable...I'd already make back all monies spent on it were I to break it up and sell, but since that will NEVER happen, I'll just be the weird dude with way too many plastic toys.
Then you get to say stuff like "Back in my day they were just giving tundra sets away, look at'm now a million bucks and you don't even get the yetts"

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old July 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

I don't see why we should worry. We know more scape is comming and we know that if it ever stops most of us will move on. We might come back to it once in a while but that is not the end of the world. We will find another game or someone will come up with something similar but totaly new and a lot of scapers would try it and if they like it they will start the whole prossess over again.

FBD88 Ranting about something that may not happen for years to come.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles