Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: NE Ohio NHSD 2009

Alright, so what are we thinking for parameters? 535 points, 24 hexes, with GenCon glyphs and maps?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

I hated half the gencon maps to be honest..... i was getting shot in my starting zone on turn 1.
Old August 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
I hated half the gencon maps to be honest..... i was getting shot in my starting zone on turn 1.
We can always go back to the good ol' BoV, plus a couple of maps from other scapers.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Why would you make it 535? just a simple 500 would be good in my opinion. Actually 520 would be good if you want a little higher point values. P.S. please don't make it general specific
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

535 is a number not used very often. no, it wont be general specific.
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Why would you make it 535? just a simple 500 would be good in my opinion. Actually 520 would be good if you want a little higher point values. P.S. please don't make it general specific
Hendal suggested 535 on the last page, just to mix up the armies a little bit. I'd be open to any point total though, really - whatever the majority wants.

By the way, once we iron out the details (points, hex limit, maps, any other special rules [reinforcements in round 4? lefton4ya did ask for variation in the rounds...], etc.) I'll start a new thread with all of the official information.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I think 200 point reinforements in round 3-4 would be good. I see that 535 is not used often which is why I wondered why it would be used, but I guess I don't really care the point values
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Colorblind Kid

So if you don't care about points can we just use 10 points total? OH NHSD, battle of the vanishing ninja!
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I think 200 point reinforements in round 3-4 would be good. I see that 535 is not used often which is why I wondered why it would be used, but I guess I don't really care the point values
If we start with 535, 200 points is quite a bit for reinfocements. It might be tough to finish games within an hour at 735 points.

We could do something like GenCon did... roll a combat die before Round 4:

Skull = 65 points of reinforcements
Shield = 100 points of reinfocements
Symbol = 135 points of reinforcements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
So if you don't care about points can we just use 10 points total? OH NHSD, battle of the vanishing ninja!
oooh - can I play one Deathreaver?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Ok sorry I was in a rush obviuosly I reasonable amount of points. Killer cactus I like your skull idea the reaons I said 200 is that me and my frined did a 1000
point, 500 point reinforcement on a huge map in like an hour...
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Ok sorry I was in a rush obviuosly I reasonable amount of points. Killer cactus I like your skull idea the reaons I said 200 is that me and my frined did a 1000
point, 500 point reinforcement on a huge map in like an hour...
Then you guys played really, really fast. I've seen quite a few 500 point tournament games that had trouble finishing in an hour. I hate it when a game is called for time, so I try to do what I can to make sure everyone gets to finish each round. 670 points (if a symbol is rolled) isn't that crazy. Plus, a lot of armies are going to be adding heroes anyway if the points get that high to save hexes.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:42 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Round timing is very important in a tourney setting. If I may toss in my 2¢: NHSD brings in a lot of players. For a larger tourney like that I would recommend keeping it simple. Save the fancy stuff for smaller tourneys. If you guy decide to do something different, the 'director' may not be able to actually play. The last time we hosted NHSD in Lorain, Ninja and I had a tough time keeping up in between rounds and there were two of us and a computer. And I remember several games going to time.

On the other hand, I won't be there so ya'll can do whatever you like!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day