Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got in a father/son day of gaming today. Played an 1800 point Heroscape battle, Ticket to Ride, and X-Wing. Then we play a few games of a hex based PS3 game I downloaded years ago, I think it is called Nectaris or something.

After my son went to bed, I got worked by Scapemage in an online C3G battle.

Great day.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:12 AM

IndustrialOkie Woo who?

I'm playing some solo Level 7 [escape] so I can get the hang of it before playing my neighbor this week. Very interesting game with some unique mechanics.vmight be my new favorite.

Good, bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndustrialOkie View Post
I'm playing some solo Level 7 [escape] so I can get the hang of it before playing my neighbor this week. Very interesting game with some unique mechanics.vmight be my new favorite.
Can you talk a bit about your impressions of the game and especially your impressions on how it solo's? I'm always interested in games that I can play solo - that is where the solo component isn't an afterthought or someone's modified variant, but rather an actual designed mode of play.

Thanks,

- Raider30
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played 3 solo games of D-Day Dice this morning with the Omaha Beach map. I lost all three but got up to Sector 9 in the last game. This game reminds me of LOTR: The Card Game in regards to how difficult it can be when playing solo. Lots of losses will make that victory so much sweeter....someday

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Summoner Wars x3 yesterday. 10-0... I am liking this game more and more...
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

September Gaming -

Dragon Dice x 14
Descent 2.0 x 8
Resistance x 7
LotR: LCG x 7
D-Day Dice x 7
Mage Wars x 6
Wrath of Castle Drizzt x 5
Dominion x 3
Super Dungeon Explore x 2
Hive x 2
X-Wing x 2
Bang x 2
Drakon
King of Tokyo
TtR: Nordic Countries
Omen
Star Wars Minis
Thunderstone
Quarriors
Kingsburg
Defenders of the Realm
7 Wonders
Fairy Tale

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

A lot of great stuff there MM.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:07 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Played a 3 player game of Seasons today, it was the first game for all of us. I like the mechanics and how it all works although I think some cards can be extremely powerful especially in certain combinations. I got second with 135 to the winner's 192 and beat out the third place by at least 40 points. I'll have to try it a few more times so I can make sure it doesn't have blowout potential as those scores are pretty extreme differences.

Also played another game of Dominion. Still a fun game and interesting way it works as with different cards is can always be a different game.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM

KnobleSavage is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
September Gaming -

Dragon Dice x 14
Descent 2.0 x 8
Resistance x 7
D-Day Dice x 7
Mage Wars x 6
Dominion x 3
Hive x 2
X-Wing x 2
Bang x 2
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Omen
Star Wars Minis
Thunderstone
Quarriors
Kingsburg
Defenders of the Realm
7 Wonders
Fairy Tale
By "wrath of drizzt" do you mean you're combining Ashardalon with Drizzt? We play Wrath of Ashardalon and it always seems like a race.

We are really enjoying Descent 2.0. Star Wars minis seems to swing wildly based on the dice.

You're playing several other games I would like to try, Quarriors, 7 Wonders, Thunderstone, King of Tokyo, Super dungeon explorer, etc.
Old October 1st, 2012, 02:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just finished my first (4 player) solitaire of EMPIRES OF THE VOID. When somebody who has been playing games for 40 years says "WOW!" you might want to pay attention.

I made up a player aid and came up with 17 ways to earn Victory Points! The designer checked in on board game geek to approve my work. When you first look at it, it resembles other Outer Space strategic games--politics, war, diplomacy, economics, trade, technology development, special alien race abilities, changeable hexes to make up the board, etc. But when you play it, its a whole different animal. My first face to face game will be day after tomorrow...
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I painted up some zombie kids for All Things Zombie:

Closer up pictures on my blog.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobleSavage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
September Gaming -

Dragon Dice x 14
Descent 2.0 x 8
Resistance x 7
D-Day Dice x 7
Mage Wars x 6
Dominion x 3
Hive x 2
X-Wing x 2
Bang x 2
Drakon
King of Tokyo
Omen
Star Wars Minis
Thunderstone
Quarriors
Kingsburg
Defenders of the Realm
7 Wonders
Fairy Tale
By "wrath of drizzt" do you mean you're combining Ashardalon with Drizzt? We play Wrath of Ashardalon and it always seems like a race.

We are really enjoying Descent 2.0. Star Wars minis seems to swing wildly based on the dice.

You're playing several other games I would like to try, Quarriors, 7 Wonders, Thunderstone, King of Tokyo, Super dungeon explorer, etc.
Yes I combine all 3 DnD Adventure game systems when we play.

Descent 2.0 is simply awesome. SW Minis is more for my daughter than me. Thunderstone is a great game, especially Thunderstone Advance. It polishes the game up nicely and plays fairly quick. King of Tokyo is a blast (but I am a dice game fanatic). SDE was OK. It won't be something I'll buy anytime soon but I would play it again. Quarriors is good for what it is. 7 Wonders is OK too. Not a Euro fan (as a general rule) but this is pretty decent. It plays fast and there's lots of decision making.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games