Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

I apologize to everyone, but last week the international student fellowship I am part of has scheduled our yearly apple picking and BBQ on October 15. I am helping to plan it and last year we had 150 people, so I had a tough decision and decided that although I love Heroscape, beeing a light to international students is more important to me right now so I will not be able to attend NHSD. Which is sad because I was planning on picking flameslayer93 up, doing a trade with Nirek (and any others) and bringing some awesome prizes, not to mention a great army.

I wish you all a great time and will see you next year (and maybe in a couple months if I can plan another tourney).
Old September 30th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Is anybody who lives in Cleveland able to pick me up? If not, it is not a problem, I just won't show up

Cheers

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

The goal is to play games, so you can match up with someone that doesn't have the same record as you, you just have to find the player with the closest record to you in the pool of players not playing games. The tournament directors (myself and matt) will help with matching players appropriately. Playing a slow player is a problem, I've been thinking of limiting games to 50 minutes total time, and calling it a draw if it goes to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I'm still a little in awe about this format. What if you are the only person with a record? For example it is possible after a few rounds to have only one undefeated person, does that person never play again? Also, if you have a record (doesn't matter which one), you have to wait until a game finishes (where someone else might have your record), before you get to play again? Sounds like it will be easy to get screwed over because a number of things: Playing a slow player will get you in trouble. Waiting for a game could take a while.

But that's just me. I'm not running the tournament. If anyone would like to pound reason into my head please feel free.
Old September 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

C3V or no?

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Even though I am not playing, I still have questions on the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattserTruckRally View Post
At the end of the tournament the standings will be ordered by most wins, using most games as a tiebreaker, followed by point differential. Here is a possible scenario for end of tournament standings:

Joe - 6-2
Bob - 5-1
Qbert - 4-0
Don - 3-0

Don would be last due to only have three wins, while the other three people have 4 wins. Since Joe has played the most games he would rank above the others. This format will reward speedy play since games played will likely be critical during tiebreakers.

If anyone has any questions about this format please post them in this forum and I will try to update the main post as much as possible.
First off I will make the above more clear:
In Format Games - Wins - losses:
Joe - 6-4-2
Bob - 5-4-1
Qbert - 4-4-0
Don - 3-3-0

So you are telling me that someone with a 4W-1L (3 Win diff, 80% win %) beats someone that is 4W-0L (4 win diff, 100% win %)? No offense, but that is ridiculous! I guess the point of this would be to get the most games in, but I can have just as much fun in a drawn out close game than a bunch of short games, and this format discourages that. You might as well have a chess clock (sarcasm hopefully noted). It is just not my style to be rushed as it makes me play a sloppier game - not that I take an extremely long time or want others to do so either, I just feel like people get penalized for carefully planning moves. Maybe it is just that Mattser and Mantrain are the fastest heroescape players I have played against so by comparison all the rest of us are slow and he wants us to be faster But seriously, I just would rather have 50 min game caps and put rank as following:
  1. W-L difference OR winning %
  2. # of games played or # of wins
  3. SoS determined by total of opponent's wins loss record or average winning %

Anyway, I am not going, so maybe it will work and no harm in trying it out.

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 1st, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jordan and I are not on the list of attendees. We will be there.

I'm still waiting on Heath and Josh.
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:56 PM

RollItOnTop is surprisingly tart

I know that the hex limit is 20, but will starting zones also be limited to 20 hexes?
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

A 4-0 beats a 4-1 because the 4-0 has better win difference (4) than the 4-1 (3).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Yeah, Matt screwed up the first post again. It is win differential, not just staight up wins, then games played. The whole columbus crew plays fast, and that's part of why we want to try this format. It also promotes different armies, for example, playing rats is probably not a good idea.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

How have I not seen this...... I am in.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm in, for sure, since there's nothing in Cincy. I'll likely be bringing my buddy Mickey unless his Chemo/Radiation therapy is scheduled for that day or he's too whipped to make it. I'll also be bringing his potential son-in-law if he comes.

Scape on!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM

Pickle4192 has disabled reputation

Hello Guys,

I have (after much thought) decided to sell off my Heroscape collection, and thought that I would let the Scapers that are coming to NHSD in Columbus have first “dibs”. I have 7 Master Set Ones, three of every booster, and three of the other two Master Sets. I also have at least three of every Terrain Set. Send me a PM of what you want and I will respond to you ASAP. I will respond with how much they are and if I still have them for sale.

Thank you,

Pickle4192

Last edited by Pickle4192; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day