Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/15/11

Too bad about the timing of the wedding. I can take over as the tournament director if you need to go to that. I don't have a confirmation on the room yet, but it seems like we should be able to get it again.

As for the tournament format, I would like to try the rolling rumble.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=24423

We could even do two tournaments at once, a standard heroscape, and one that allows marvel and the c3g and sov customs. The neat thing about that is you could even play in both tournaments if you wanted to, since there isn't a "round" structure.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:51 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'm cool with Rolling Rumble - encourages some people to speed up games and others to slow down. Only thing is we need strength of schedule somehow the top ranking criteria, and that seems hard to calculate in rolling rumble and would be the most difficult thing to decide. How would you rank the following people?
  • 6-2, 4 W-L Difference, 75% winning percentage, 24 SOS (total of opponent's wins), 15 SOS-Dif (total of opponent's W-L Difference), 66.66% SOS% (average of opponent's winning %)
  • 5-1, 4 W-L Dif, 83.33% winning, 21 SOS, 14 SOS-Dif, 77.77% SOS%
  • 5-0, 5 W-L Dif, 100% winning, 19 SOS, 16 SOS-Dif, 80% SOS%
  • 4-0, 4 W-L Dif, 100% winning, 12 SOS, 8 SOS-Dif, 66.66% SOS %

As for multiple formats at the same time, I am not quite a fan of. You could make some things optional like C3V/SoV or CUC cards, but I would not recommend C3G (comics). You could optionally have a second event after the main event (which could start the same time the semi-finals of the main event) so maybe people who are not in the top 4 could opt to play a secondary format for a couple of rounds.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM

jacob_j_p is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
How would you rank the following people?
  • 6-2, 4 W-L Difference, 75% winning percentage, 24 SOS (total of opponent's wins), 15 SOS-Dif (total of opponent's W-L Difference), 66.66% SOS% (average of opponent's winning %)
  • 5-1, 4 W-L Dif, 83.33% winning, 21 SOS, 14 SOS-Dif, 77.77% SOS%
  • 5-0, 5 W-L Dif, 100% winning, 19 SOS, 16 SOS-Dif, 80% SOS%
  • 4-0, 4 W-L Dif, 100% winning, 12 SOS, 8 SOS-Dif, 66.66% SOS %
You would rank them highest to lowest based on win difference, then win %, so 5-0 > 4-0 > 5-1 > 6-2, not that complicated, don't even need to go to strength of schedule.

As for having 2 events, not many people want to stay at the event that long. I see it as being the only way to get both standard heroscape and customs in. If we have either one or the other it will turn away people from the event. By running them simultaneously we can have both. Also, if you bring two armies, and one isn't doing so well for you, you can just go play in the other format.
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:58 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

I have some great news for everyone who is interested in coming to Columbus for NHSD. The CABs room has been secured so it will be at the exact same location we used last year. I'll update the main post and get maps posted shortly.

In addition here are prizes I am able to donate from my own personal collection:

Dwarves + Repulsors

Braves & Brawlers (Capuan Gladiators + Mohican River Tribe)

Swarm of the Marro Master Set

Grenade lobbyist
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sweet! Thanks!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm in. Phantasm probably is too, and Brad and Kara are maybes.
Any format is fine.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:00 PM

TurkeyClubSamich is surprisingly tart

Add me and RollItOnTop as definite attendees.
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Guanolator Woo who?

Count me in and a tentative plus 1. Trying to get my brother to go.
Old August 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks I've updated the first post, we have a potential of almost 20 with less then two months remaining.

Grenade lobbyist
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm definitely interested. I've never done a tourney, but put me down as a tentative yes.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM

bighamrules has disabled reputation

is there a fee to play or anything like and when will more info be put out like points and stuff?s

i'm bigham and im back in the game
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker Father Of Julian knows what's in an order marker

Father Of Julian and StormShadow will be there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day