Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

View Poll Results: Would you Play with HeroCLIX Sculpts instead of the HeroScape ones?
Yes. I Love HeroCLIX Army 3 8.33%
Yes. I Love my HeroCLIX and HeroScape Mixed Army. 14 38.89%
Maybe. 6 16.67%
No. I Love my HeroScape Army. 9 25.00%
No. I Hate HeroCLIX. Stay out of HeroScape. 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Substituting HeroCLIX for HeroScape Sculpts.

Has anyone substituted their Marvel HeroScape Sculpts with those from HeroCLIX?
HeroCLIX Set Abbr. 2099 Collectors Set (99), Armor Wars (AW), Avengers (AV), Clobberin Time (CT), Critical Mass (CM), Danger Room (DR), Days of Futures Past (DP), Fin Fang Foom (F3), Fantastic Forces (FF), Galactus (GS), Infinity Challenge (IC), Mutant Mayhem (MM), Mutations & Monsters (M2), Sinister (SI), Supernova (SN), Ultimates (UL), Universe (UN), Xplosion (XP),
RANK (R)ookie, (E)xperienced, (U)nique,

ABOMINATION (AVr, XPr)

CAPTAIN AMERICA (ICu, AWr, AVr, ICr, ULr)

DOCTOR DOOM (SNx, CTr, FFr, DoomBot CTv)

INCREDIBLE HULK (AVu, CMu, ICu, MMu, ULu, XPu, ICr, M2r, Zombie SNn/a, Mr FixIt CTu, Maestro M2u)

IRON-MAN (AWu, AVu, ULu, AWr, ICr, M2e, SNx)

RED SKULL (AVu, CTu)

Silver Surfer (AVu, CMu, CMn/a, SNr, Silver Savage M2v)

Spider-Man (AMu, ICu, SIu, XPu, CMr, ICr, MMr, SIr, ULr, Armored AVv, Zombies M2e, SNn/a, 6-Arms CTu, Scarlet Spider SIu)

THANOS (ICu, SNu,)

VENOM (SIu, CMr)
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, I'm even more impressed with the HS sculpts when compared to these other game versions!
The Marvel HS Silver Surfer has got those others beat.
Same with Red Skull.

I've always liked the bulky, golden Avenger, so I might need to get this:

Thanks for supplying all these comparisons, Pocho!
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Substituting HeroCLIX for HeroScape Sculpts.

Here's My 10

Old January 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Years ago, we employed this figure when we'd play Robin Spriggs's Super Hero customs.

I've always liked the massive fists, powerful pose, and overall insanely pissed off appearance of the monster out of control!
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Although some of the poses are dramatic, the paint jobs and places where the figures have been joined without using greenstuff make the Heroclix figures far inferior to the Heroscape figures. I would only use HC in place of customs that did not have real HS figures.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My thoughts exactly, doc!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Wow, I'm even more impressed with the HS sculpts when compared to these other game versions!
Agreed. A number of those variations don't match the Marvel HS version of the character anyway, so even if they were much better they wouldn't be worth substituting, IMHO.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
I'm with Doc and Bats simply because I think that the quality of the Heroclix figures doesn't match that of Heroscape. That won't keep my from using 'clix for customs and mods. I agree though that they need some putty, repainting and coat.

R~
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM

crispy66 Woo who?

The best thing about Heroclix figures, of course, is that they exist. Otherwise no Thor, no Nightcrawler, no use of so many of my favorites.

I would disagree humbly on the sculpts opinions, however. I can't figure out how to past images right now, but the Captain America charging forward with shield is much cooler and more inspirational than the 'press conference/publicity shot' Cap that Heroscape provides. Same for Iron Man, same for Spider-man. Not much sense of movement or action in any of these three sculpts, especially compared to the 'clix versions.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've always liked some of the Clix poses, but once you get your hands on the actual figure, they're never quite as impressive. The promo pics always look great, but the actual figures tend to have horribly mushy faces and spotty paint jobs. Going down the list anyway:

Abomination

Never fond of the fish briefs version of the character and I think the other one is Chang Lam, so I'll stick with the official.

Captain America

I like the charging forward one, but it looks pretty poorly colored.The retro Ultimate one is kinda cool, but not what I'm looking for. The two dull poses are ok, but likely not better and is that last one supposed to be Bucky?

Anyway, still like the Heroscape version, if only for the superb detail on the chest armor.

Dr. Doom

He needs to cloak in that first one and I absolute hate everything about Ultimate goat leg Doom and everything he stands for. The raise fist one is kinda neat but not worth giving up the awesome paint job and striking pose of the Heroscape version.

Hulk

The huge fist, shredded shirt one is a contender, I'll admit. I'm not fond of the Joe Fixit or zombie varients. Gray Hulk should have probably remained a printer error, IMO. Did they actually make a old Hulk Clix or is that the Maestro (who is, technically Hulk, but not Hulk)? There's a few here that compete with the heroscape version, but I'd need to see Scale and paint before swapping.

Iron Man

These are kinda cool just to have all the various armors. Silver Sentinel and pre-Extremis versions are both neat in their own way. The Extemis version is also pretty cool, I'll admit. The first Ultimate armor is also neat in its own way, but it's always been a little weird looking, IMO. Still, there's a lot of good here.

Red Skull

The standing on the shield version looks really good and has the Skull's classic mask look. Honestly, I probably like the Heroscape version the least, simply because the guns are a bit out of character by comparison.

Silver Surfer

The blue flame one is kinda cool. The real silver and its counterpart are an iconic pose but look silly at off angles. The other "downward" one is just lame. Gladiator Surfer is cool, but generally I don't go for single issue costume looks. Blue flame is a maybe here.

Spiderman

Lots to pick from here. A few of these are better being customs as his powers were noticeably different in them. In particular, web armor, Iron Spider, Black Costume, and Six Arms. No interest in zombies, or the Scarlet Spider that drove me away from comics for a decade. There's a few here I really like though. There's one that shows great detail, but looks awfully similar pose wise which is disappointing. I also like the classic "swinging at you" look, though it looks poorly detailed. A lot of the gimmicky ones don't really interest me (net and shield, vaulting, backpack, etc), but there's some nice sculpts here I'll admit.

Thanos

Lame. Heroscape blows the others away by a mile.

Venom

There's one good alternate but its extremely close to Heroscape. I get the feeling the HS version would win out head to head.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some of these are ok...I'm with Eclipse on these though. Most just don't compare to Heroscape figures.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart

Interestingly enough, I picked up a new Iron Man heroclix figure today thanks to the freebies given out for Free Comic Book Day. My Heroscape Iron Man looks like blob of paint, so I plan on replacing it and only using the original figure for LOS issues.

This is the new armor from the movie and it is really well done:

*edit* I just realized this was posted, just from a different angle. Oh well, it is free today, so perhaps it still might help someone.

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations