MSE - Easy Army Card Creator (V2.5) (New Glyph Cards)
I found this program called Magic Set Editor a while ago. As its name implies, it was originally designed for creating Magic: The Gathering cards. However, it has a very nice scripting system that enables the creation of other templates. I figured I'd try to make a Heroscape template for it, as the Magic cards it turns out are very authentic-looking. This is the result.
- V2.4 High-Resolution Export Templates (Dungeons Style Only) - 5.72 MB - (zip)
--- Created by dok with art prepared by Mooseman
- V2.5 Shieldcrusher and Toolkit - 5.19 MB - (zip)
--- Toolkit cards created by Icarus
--- Shieldcrusher cards created by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
--- Shieldcrusher cards require a font called Lambo HMK Bold, which should be freely and legally available on the internet.
- Star Wars Scape Templates (HSers Download)
--- Created by mac122 with art by A3n
1.) Install Magic Set Editor if you haven't already.
2.) Back up heroscape.mse-game/keywords if you have added custom keywords you wish to keep.
3.) Delete any folders in Magic Set Editor/data beginning with "heroscape".
4.) Download the Official Templates ZIP or RAR.
5.) Extract the contents of the ZIP or RAR to Magic Set Editor/data.
1.) Install the official templates (by following the steps above) if you haven't already.
2.) Download the desired expansion ZIP or RAR.
3.) Extract the contents of the ZIP or RAR to Magic Set Editor/data.
Don't forget to read the included Readme file, even if you've read it in a previous version! The workflow changes slightly with every update, and you do not want to have a "facepalm moment" later on when you realize you've been doing extra work.
Marvel Superstrength and Flight symbols by hextr1p
Glyph and Destructible Object cards by GreyOwl
Comic logos gathered by GreyOwl
Ability list to Wave 8 compiled by Bixby
- Add options to adjust text area size (esp. for cards with lots of text).
- Stop automatic abilities within ability text
- Added a set option to disable glyph card reminder text
V2.5 - Added C3G Marvel Glyph reference card template - Added new Glyph Label template based on the template by mac122, with new Classic and Marvel backgrounds
- Changed how glyph template backgrounds are selected, reducing download size
- Added some reminder text that was missing from glyph cards
- Adjusted marvel symbol boxes to fit three symbols
- Added a set option to disable Marvel symbol field
- Incorporated Power Glyph blank by mac122
- Adjusted image and hitzone masks to better allow switching between styles without reloading images
- Made Basic image field separate from Master
- Various minor position and size tweaks
- Stopped various generated text fields from being saved, reducing save file size
- CHCG42 logo option added in Set tab
- Reduced download sizes, converted card blanks to JPG
- Soft line heights adjusted
- Valkrill supported in all classic templates
- Valkrill images added to SotM Master, RotV Master, Toolkit, Shieldcrusher
- SotM text field expanded to fill entire white area
- Updated glyph cards with a much better picture background
- Fixed Shieldcrusher automatic abilities
- Added missing lower spike on RotV Aquilla card
- Added Dungeon Set card styles
V2.2 - Added Basic RotV template
- Classic scape templates support Marvel Size Number
- Fixed assorted bugs with manually bolding ability texts.
- Minor interface changes
- Fixed white pixelation around Marvel cards
- Singular Override works with Heroes (good for removing long titles in ability texts)
- Added ability to use one custom card blank
- Fixed general box data not being saved
- Fixed General text color on Marvel templates.
- Fixed a bug with keywords with parameters on Shieldcrusher cards.
- Made fogging option work properly with Marvel.
- Fixed overlap issues with Marvel top panel (name, general, symbol).
- Fixed usage of card name in automatic keywords on the Shieldcrusher template.
- Added expansion set box to SotM Basic
- Updated disclaimer text
- Added a box and a set field for author recognition on cards.
- Fixed bug where names would not wrap around.
V2.0 - Added Raudulfr Shieldcrusher's trading cards as an expansion.
- Fixed Marvel templates to work better with multi-digit size values.
- Automatic keywords can be toggled off
- All cards have togglable fog for images.
- Fixed bug with Insert Symbol menu.
- Keywords changed to be more compatible with Uncommon Heroes.
- Keywords and wordlists updated for Champions of the Forgotten Realms.
- Fixed irregularities with setting the panel color on the Marvel Template.
- Fixed keywords with string parameters going to all caps.
- Keywords with string parameters now conform to alpha order.
- Updated keywords for Wave 9 and keywords and word lists for Battle for the Underdark.
- Assorted keyword ability adjustments.
- Added option in Set Information to not automatically fill ability texts.
- Images no longer require resizing between any of the Master Game templates.
- Marvel template added - blanks by GreyOwl
- Large Basic SotM template added
- Destructible Object and Glyph Card templates added - blanks by GreyOwl
- Minor position adjustments on all templates
- Abilities now handled entirely through MSE's keywords feature
- Fixed bug discovered when printing cards
- Added Marvel Superstrength and Flight symbols
- All templates converted to large sizes
- Updated race and class lists for Wave 9
- Obtained blanked card pictures (credit to Deathbringer85) and adjusted image masks for automatic "fog" effects
- Clean-up and alignment fixes on all cards
- Drastically improved Aquilla RotV blank
- Improved support for custom general symbols.
- Can now use the symbol editor to create general logos.
- Readme updated with new tips
- Added a readme with usage hints
- Combined the seperate ability text boxes into one, allowing for automatically shrinking fontsizes (see readme for usage hints)
- Added capability to add custom general logos (see readme)
- Fixed the glitch that caused saved cards to revert to Jandar templates.
- Added Aquilla blanks in RotV style.
- Removed the HS Toolkit Styles for a smaller download size - they are now a seperate download for those who want them.