Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:33 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Crixus

The Book of Crixus
Thora's Vengeance - Collection 5 - Gladiators and Agents

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Thump, Thump, beats the heart of the battle-maddened Crixus. Sword bangs against shield as a blood-thirsty crowd howls in excitement, but Crixus hears only one sound: Thump, Thump. A spear, aimed for the abdomen, is narrowly avoided and knocked away. Crixus delivers a deadly counter blow, Thump, Thump. Before his opponent can even fall to the ground, a ravenous lion, 200 kilos at the least, springs from a nearby pit pinning Crixus against the dirt, Thump, Thump! The beast opens its maw wide loosening a roar of such might that the spectators feel it in their chests and return a roar of their own, Thump, Thump! The lion’s claws dig deep into Crixus’ shoulders, he responds, tucking his legs up under the belly of the beast, and with a powerful thrust he throws it off his right side, Thump, Thump! Crixus quickly rolls over and slams his shield into the lion’s exposed flank, snapping three of its ribs, and causing it to flail in pain, Thump Thump! The lion struggles to stand, but Crixus gives it no chance striking it down with a final blow, Thump, Thump! Crixus staggers to his feet, and raises his sword to the sky in victory, the crowd erupts in praise! Under the cover of his mask, Crixus cynically raises an eyebrow as they open another gate releasing upon him still more opponents, Thump, Thump. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
ONE SHIELD DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice, if Crixus rolls at least one shield, the most wounds Crixus may take for this attack is one.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- ONE SHIELD DEFENSE : What Type of Attacks Apply
What type of attacks work for One Shield Defense?
All types of attacks that would inflict a wound. (dnutt99)

-ONE SHIELD DEFENCE: Mortal Strike Damage
Does Crixus recieve additional wounds from Mortal Strike?
No. Additional wounds from Mortal Stike are considered part of the attack, so if One Shield Defence activates, Crixus only takes one wound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Advanced FAQ

Sujoah
"Aquilla’s Alliance"
If any figure has a special power that allows it to ignore the wound(s) inflicted by Sujoah’s Poison Sting Special Attack, can Sujoah keep rolling the D20 for Poison Sting Special Attack? No. Even though it doesn't explicitly state it, the reason he continues to roll for poison damage is because the wound is still being inflicted. If the wound were ignored, you would stop rolling for Poison Sting Special Attack.
Special Case: For a power like Crixus & Migol's One Shield Defense, if you inflicted at least 1 wound on the initial attack roll, even though that's the MOST you could hit them with, inflicting the wound, will still trigger the poison roll. If you roll a 10-19, you can't inflict the wound, so you can't re-roll, but if you roll a 20, the defending figure would STILL be destroyed!

Synergy Benefits Received
- SPARTACUS : Gladiator Inspiration
As a Gladiator, Crixus may benefit from Spartacus’ GLADIATOR INSPIRATION move, attack, and defense bonus.

-CAPUAN GLADIATORS: Human Gladiator Bonding
As a Human Gladiator, Crixus may be activated with the Capuan Gladiators' Human Gladiator Bonding
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Crixus- The release of the Capuan Gladiators turn this guy into a very solid hero. The still-high cost of Spartacus keeps them from being top tier. B+

OEAO: B

Cleon: Tier 6 (85/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B+

Master Index
Historical Relevance

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Crixus

Last edited by superfrog; March 21st, 2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Probably the best (point wise) "Giant Killer" He can stand toe to toe with the likes of Jotun, Nilf, Charos, etc and do at least as much damage as he's worth.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
Probably the best (point wise) "Giant Killer" He can stand toe to toe with the likes of Jotun, Nilf, Charos, etc and do at least as much damage as he's worth.
Seconded. He's quite the beater, cheap too, and can even take down Krug on his own.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:11 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Seconded. He's quite the beater, cheap too, and can even take down Krug on his own.
Thirded. Quickly becoming my favorite Einar hero. He can stand toe to toe with any of the big guns for at least 4-5 turns. 5 attack is nothing to sneeze at either.
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:15 AM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Fourthed!

I love it when I can field both him and Spartacus, that extra move, def and attackcan be the game winner for you.
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:24 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Tempted to say "fifthed" but it just didn't sound right. As opposed to using Spartacus I prefer using a Finn/Thorgrim/Eldgrim combo to pump him up. This gives you a lot more heroes to use up at a few less points. In addition I love to use Kelda with him as it is already hard for the opponent to damage him, every life point he has gives them aggravation.

Old May 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Crixis's chances of beating Krug in a one-on-one matchup is actually only 7.8%.

If Crixis is boosted by Spartacus, his chances of beating Krug goes up to 26.5%.

The cheapest way to beat Krug is probably with 4 Warriors of Ashra, which have a 71.1% chance of beating Krug. (One squad of WoA has a 43.1% chance.) But we digress.

I did enjoy using Crixis in the one game I used him; he stood his ground against both Nilfheim and Braxas for a while.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:35 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
This guy rocks. Just today I managed to kill Taelord, Raelin, Kiova, the Einar Emperium, and the Sentinals of Jandar using just him and Kaemon Awa. If you want heroes that double their points, just head to Einar.
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
It should be noted that the gladiator leader Crixus is an actual historical figure, one of the rebel leaders in the Third Servile War out of Roman history.

c.f. http://www.unrv.com/roman-republic/t...ervile-war.php

—SD

Hic est qui sumus
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Begin rant.

I hate Crixus - I never, ever roll a shield with Crixus if he is hit with more than 2 skulls. Ever. I don't believe that I have ever successfully used his One Shield Defense ability, and I have played many games with him. In every single game (including games where he was Inspired by Spartacus and had Thorgrims spirit at the same time) he has been hit by 3 or 4 skulls and completely whiffed, dying soon thereafter. He seems like a good hero at 90 points, but when I play him, he's a piece of garbage.

End rant.

However, I always roll 2 shields on 3 dice with Raelin, so I'll take that trade...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Sounds like you should be hating your dice...not poor Crixus.
Seconded!

Crixus is probably my favourite Gladiator!
'Who nees Sparty when you can have Crixy!'
Thirded! You can get Crixusand Retarius for less than Spartacus.
Old September 30th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Barbell Hero Woo who?
Or you can get all 3 and punch faces like it's going out of style...those 3 and Kaemon Awa for 500 wrecks it. Crix and Ret head in and soften everything up, then Spartacus and KA handle cleanup. Sick!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units