Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Satirical Review: 4th Massachusetts Line

Disclaimer: this is a satirical piece. Don't take it seriously! Oh, and thanks to Bothi for the concept of BS strategy reviews.

Strategy Review: 4th massachussetts line
first of all, let me say, I’m making lemonade out of lemons here. The 4th mass line is just about one of the most boring and weak squads out there. I mean, they have 2/2 for Christ’s sake. And to top it off, they limit your entire army to one type of figure. It’s often said that to make a winning army, just
1. collect 4th mass
2. ???
3. profit!
I guess the thing that goes in for #2 is “throw them away.” Yeah, I didn’t want to review these guys, but due to their inexplicable popularity I guess I have to. Is it possible to turn this pitiful squad into a winning army? I’m going to try.

First off, let’s look at their stats: 5 move, 6 range, 2 attack, 2 defense. Basically the only promising stat is the 6 range, but that won’t get them very far considering their pitiful attack of 2, especially with the prevalence of Hatamoto Taro to boost many figures’ defense. Their 2 defense is also pathetic, and they will die to almost any roll of 1 die or more. Now that we’ve analyzed their stats, let’s take a look at their abilities.

Wait then fire: the 4th mass gets one more attack die if none of them moved this turn. Wow, 1 die? waitta dig deep, guys.

Valiant Army defense bonus: They gain ONE defense die if your WHOLE army is valiant. That’s only a 1/3 more chance of rolling another shield.

Let’s analyze this for a second. So basically, even if none of your army moves and all your army has valiant personalities, you get a squad with 3/3. Yippee, that’s, like, average stats. But despite their utter boringness, I’ll try to do what I can to make a passable army based off these guys.

One of the only advantages of the 4th mass is their numbers. Since you have 4 men, you really won’t need any more than 1 squad of them. Anything else is pretty much overkill and a waste of points.

Also, since the 4th Mass’s range is only 6, most figures can engage them in one move after being shot. That’s why you should always move around the map to stay out of opponents’ range. Just remember, move then fire.

So far we know how to use the 4th Massachusetts Line solo: using 1 squad, moving around frequently. But what other units should make up your army? Well, valiant figures are obvious. But that’s just the problem, they’re too obvious. Your opponent is going to be expecting a valiant army, so why not surprise them by shaking things up? Throw in some wild gruts, or relentless wolves. Once you get past the limit of valiance, the world is your burrito!

Well, that’s about all the time I’ve got. Again, the 4th Massachusetts Line isn’t exactly an A unit, but it CAN get the job done if you use them how I’ve explained. Thanks for reading!

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez

Last edited by TheExplodingCheez; September 30th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:17 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: BS Strategy Review: 4th Massachusetts Line

+rep.

While reading this, I almost choked on my water!
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Very funny!
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

I had a hunch Hatamoto Taro was the reason the 4th Mass always perform so poorly. We need to get him banned from tournament play so the 4th Mass can finally see some action!
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

thanks guys!

by the way, (rant warning)
Spoiler Alert!

~TheCheez

Last edited by TheExplodingCheez; September 30th, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lol, great "strategy" Can't wait to see more
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:11 PM

thx, I will try to put out more, but I think this is kinda my peak (in all likely hood they will all be basically pretending a good unit is bad, or a bad unit is good. but I'll see what more I can do!)

Oh, can someone move this post to "strategy articles" please?

~TheCheez
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:15 PM

thanks to megasilver for moving this to the right section!

edit: anyone got any ideas for the next unit to review?

edit of the edit: Oh, I didn't know "BS" was supposed to stand for "Bothi Satirical." Since I am not Bothi, I will say that "BS" stands for something else. well isn't it obvious

~TheCheez

Last edited by TheExplodingCheez; September 30th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 01:30 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker
Re: Satirical Review: 4th Massachusetts Line

Really good review, now I know how to use the 4th. HAHAHA great job.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

You actually should move them a lot, unless you're facing an all-melee army. Height advantage is usually more important than WtF.

I think one of the most common misconceptions about the 4th is that they just sit in their start zone using WtF.

This was my old satirical review:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=753

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

I'm sorry and I know most people disagree with me, but the satirical review thing is getting really old really fast.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:03 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

The part about the prevalence of Hatamoto Taro really made me chuckle. But what's also funny about this review is that an inexperienced player could easily take this satire seriously. When I was brand new to the game they looked like a weak squad to me because of the 2/2 and my inexperience with using squads in general, and I did initially dismiss them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles