View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:20 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Nice game. I would exactly call it Heroscape the Video Game though. Lacks the initiative switch possibility, dice rolling (unless I'm missing a randomizer) and the squad/hero dichotomy. STILL, looks very fun and if it's free I guess I can't say no.

Another Heroscape-like game that I have enjoyed which is also free to download is Battle for Wesnoth. Again, not exactly Heroscape, but close!
I'm planning to try MW Tactics at some point. I love playing Battle for Wesnoth. The factions are much less diverse than Heroscape of course, but I love grooming my units to get them to level up. A lot of fun tactics in that game.
Am also enjoying Battle for Wesnoth. This is actually Chinese RPG (not sure if Japanese also used the same style). I had played several Chinese titles of this type of RPG a couple of decades ago. And am happy to see these kind of games in English version... my Chinese isn't that good.
I remember thinking when I first started playing a few years back that the style of the gameplay reminded me of some Asian RPGs I had played before (although I assumed they were Japanese), but that never crosses my mind now. In fact it now seems pretty Western to me. Maybe the game has evolved as an Open Source game?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; April 24th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.