View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
The Little Warforged That Could

Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker Izner knows what's in an order marker
Re: (INCOMPLETE) Heroscape Tile RESIN CASTING Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Also to the left of the picture I'm sure are wound markers but what are those on the bottom right?
Edit: OK after looking at the hex mold and the pieces in question I think those are what becomes of the resin that is pushed out. If I'm wrong then I still want to know what those are
You are correct! It's scrap.
But I figured it was worth showing since it was part of the total jar volume. There was more scrap, including this giant blob, from the first time I gave this a go, but I'm not sure where I put it all.

Mixed in with those tiles and wound markers are also a few glyphs I cast, a couple of figure bases I made castings out of, and a couple castings from a rock I made a mold out of. Basically, I was measuring out what I needed for my tiles, and then taking whatever was left over and pouring it in other little molds I had made up. A wound token here, a glyph there, and it all adds up. The rock is a custom figure in progress. I'll post it once I get around to finishing the stat card.