View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - updated 5/14

I have created a HeroSkype version of Reset.

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Thanks for the review Viegon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
1) The startzones: the layout for them is awesome, but unfortunately that makes it hard to remember them if you don't have the build instructions printed or open on the computer. Pretty minor, but I would suggest swapping around the grass/sand/rock tiles and turn all of the startzone spaces into rock or sand surrounded by grass. Like I said, minor, but it probably wouldn't be hard to work and would make things a little simpler.
Ah, I should have thought of that. I'll see what I can do, but I think some of the SZ are 24-hexxers. I'll give it a shot sometime soon.
Yeah, I think your right here. Still, it might be possible to change the shape of the map ever-so-slightly to achieve the same goal. I look forward to what you come up with if/when you make some changes.
Did you ever see the other .pdf I sent you, Viegon? I think it actually used too many pieces, but after looking at it I realized that you just need to keep track of the numbers. The rightmost SZ is only 5 spaces along the jagged edge of the board, starting at the column, there's a triad next to the road, then along the bottom there are 7 spaces starting at the rightmost edge, and the rest all fit neatly against the leftmost edge 2-deep.

EDIT: I just realized that I never put the latest version of Reset up here, although I submitted the correct one to the map contest.

Reset

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 26th, 2012 at 09:51 PM.