View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Is there any chance of the Council deciding on the errata'd unit(s) to playtest before December 7th?
I picked the start of the next month since we are so close anyway and it makes things nice and neat. I'll probably end up setting up the playtest unit by Dec 1. Why don't you mess around with some North Texas Shootout ideas until then?

Quote:
Are non-council members welcome to post here and have their opinion heard?
Yep, everyone is free to post their ideas and discuss errata here. The council members are just the ones who get to pick what goes on the table for errata.

Quote:
Is there a limit to the number of members in the council or representatives groups?
I will probably stop the council members at 6. My plan is to add one a month (giving them the honors of picking the errata for the month they come on) and then stopping there. After that, we'll probably only add council members as they drop out. 6 seems like a nice number as it gives council members 2 opportunities a year to formally submit their errata.

I don't plan on capping the representative pool. One of the keys to good playtesting is getting as many games in as possible. As long as people are doing "valid" playtesting, I don't see a reason to cap it. If the pool gets very large, I may adjust the weight system a little bit more so that council members aren't "drowned out".

Quote:
I'm not sure if I agree with the secret ballot system, for example BoV has a healthy record and doesn't require such measures.
I actually wouldn't mind having the BoV do secret voting. In my opinion, group think can be detrimental to getting unique perspectives and keeping an open mind. I don't want to see some people turn in votes before others even get around to playing the errata. Seeing people's votes ahead of time will color your view and expectations and effect your vote (at least to some extent). I'd like to keep everyone's votes as unique and individual as possible.

Hopefully it works well. If it turns out that it's not working, we can definitely tweak the system (that goes for anything in the by laws). It's not like I think that I created the best system on the first pass . I'm sure there will be some hiccups once we get rolling, but we can fix them on the fly.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".