View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Game Night Ideas!

Great ideas and great post, Gomolka. We've played many of those ideas and they work well (I love to play non-kill 'em all games).

One challenge with some of the scenarios is trying to find a balance between army sizes and specialized objectives. For my playing group, the secret has always been that we try our best to find a balance (often using the closest Hasbro scenario available as a general guide) and then all agree that we're going to just enjoy what happens, even if it turns out that a specific scenario or idea is too easy or hard for one side or another. It is our "we are just having fun" rule, but we like to reiterate it before trying a specialized objective.

(For more options for drafting, check out my thread, see the link in my sig; for Hasbro's sites, there is a link in the Index, also in the sig, to Official Scenarios. And, Monkeyclops, I will add your draft idea to my thread, if you don't mind--I've seen it mentioned before, but didn't have it in my thread--thanks! Beowulf, if you want to clarify the specifics of your random draft method, I'd love to have you add it to my Draft thread as well.)