View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2016, 05:28 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played A Feast for Odin last night solo. And I love it. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to go play it again. And again. And again.

I'm very much hoping to get to play this week multiplayer. I will need to get more plays in to be sure, but I think this may well supplant Agricola/Caverna and become my favorite game of all time. There are just so many things I love about it. And I really like the fact that it plays so well solo. To me it really feels like a culmination of a lot of Uwe's best ideas into one great game. The puzzling element of Patchwork is here and gives you plenty to do and think about even when it's not your turn. The occupations element taken from Agricola is sure to give this massive replay ability and easy avenue for minor expansions to keep things fresh. The massive action board dripping with numerous options is reminiscent of his Fields of Arle. And of course there are feeding phases replete with the customary harvests and animal breeding that inhabit most of Uwe's big box games (Agricola, Le Havre, Caverna, Ora et Labora).

I suspect anyone who is a fan of Uwe's games will love A Feast for Odin as well. I'm guessing this may have enough different and interesting elements to make most gamers have fun as long as they are able to cope with the complexity (for it is a fairly heavy game to get into and understand for the first time, as there is plenty going on).

I'm sure I'll have better thoughts later but for now I'm just so hyped to play whenever I can again.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX