View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Resident Classifieds Guru

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Craigslist Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztimster View Post
...Why do sellers tell you it is yours then sell it to someone else???!!!
This happens to me all the time too, and in fact I thought I had a deal for the huge lot that MechaClash just got. It's the Heroscape Ninjas, I tell you!

In one case, I had even paid the person before they changed their mind and sold it to someone else. It took two months to get my money back.
That's horrible. What people do for money.....
I don't object to a seller wanting to get the best price they can, but at least:
  1. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer before I've paid you, please give me the opportunity to match it if I'm willing to do so.
  2. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer after I've paid you, in my opinion you really should honor it. If you just can't do that, then see #1, or promptly return my money.
Am I asking too much?
YES! My thoughts exactly. I had this one mom who accepted my offer and while we were working out the details, someone came in and offered 2x my asking price. She called me and told me what had happened and I asked her if she needed the money or was she just getting rid of the scape. The money was for her son, so I told her to take the other offer. Another seller had a similar thing happen and she told me she was just getting rid of it. I gently asked that she honor our deal and she actually did! So it goes both ways. I always yield to a higher bidder if the seller needs the money...it is good Karma.

The most bizarre deal was a lady who had agreed on the deal then called me a day later because a soldier in Iraq wanted the scape. She wanted to support our troops and felt bad that he was stuck there and wanted to send a little joy over seas. I agreed and relinquished the set to a brother overseas.