View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-10-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
It looks really good Filthy. Are you submitting to R˙chean's contest?

~Rednax
Thanks! Yes, I plan on submitting it, after I work out the kinks. Version 3:

1. I removed the ruins from each start zone, as they did not fit quite right, in addition to limiting initial movement options.
  2. I added a central column to break up the monotony of the arena and add an obstacle to the initial 'face-off.' Most 2 hex figures can still fit in the arena, although some of the larger dragons will need to fight for wiggle room.
  3. I added a one hex rock to the specified location on each side of the arena. This keeps large flying creatures from establishing an immediate perch, as well as added a slight roadblock for fast moving, non-flying figures (the flipside: it also gives some potential height).
  4. Change the direction of the left-side roads for each start zone. They now direct flow to the center of the map, as well as provide a few more initial movement options. I also added an extra battlement to the arena entrance.