View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2015, 01:02 AM

General J is surprisingly tart
Re: The Tabletop Simulator Mod needs YOUR help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by General J View Post
Tabletop Simulator needs two things to import models. It needs to be in .obj format, and it needs one texture image file.

This is the problem. Most texture files on the 123D models have multi-layer textures that overlap one another. I can resolve this most of the time, but if the texture is really complicated, and most of the time it is, I'm out of luck.
Lyrgard has a good tutorial on how to combine the textures into one texture. We do all our work in Blender. It's a fairly easy process once you understand how it works. It should take 5 minutes maximum once you are proficient in it.

The part that takes the longest is cleaning up the model to remove holes (if any) and add holes where 123D catch has added extra material. We also add a clean base to all the figures to make them look consistent.

Our files are .obj files with a single material file and a single image file. Three files total per figure. You should be able to use them too.

I hope you can join the process!
And I'm glad you like my 3D captures on 123D Catch.
Could you link me said tutorial? I've been on the hunt for it but couldn't find it.

Thanks again! It's really cool to end up talking directly to the person who's scans I've been working off of for the last 2-3 days haha