View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy creates figures with Green Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
Crazy question:

Is green stuff any different than plumber's epoxy? Aside from being green.
I have never tried molding with plumber's epoxy, so I unfortunately have no information on the matter. However, a quick search on Google shows that it could indeed work, as it appears similar. I will try to test some out in a mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
How much force are you applying? Do you think you'd see improvement in either stage, mould on original figure, mould on epoxy putty, if you used one of those freezer vacuum pumps with the bags? How much force can those generate?
Applying pressure with your hands should be more than sufficient (it works for me). You definitely want to apply enough pressure to get the putty compressed into the detailed ridges of the mold, and this is doable with your bare hands (unless you are severely arthritic, or have other, similar problems...If that is the case, just recruit someone in your area to put the squeeze on).