View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NorCal NHSD'08

Thanks for getting this rolling, Ronin.
I talked with the wife tonight and have secured that day for 'Scape.
I can attend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
- Somebody's house.
The only other option I know of currently is a personal location. Previous gamedays have been hosted by 'Scapers themselves. So that's an option, assuming someone wants to volunteer.
I'm more than happy to host a game day at my house if there's 6-8 of us. It would be in the garage, but completely possible for me to do at a moment's notice. Don't know if I can get things ready to host for a larger group - preparing the house, displacing the family and then resetting the house is a bit of a stress for us all once the school year is in full swing.
Let's see how many people we get?

Quote:
So if you know of any other places, please post them. I'll be happy to make the call and work details out. So, seriously. Mark your calendars. Cancel your appointments. Call in sick. Do whatever it takes:
Just as Heroscape was getting into full swing, my local games store, Scenario Games, shut down. It had a large gaming room stocked with tables, chairs, bathroom, and terrain for other types of war games.
Gosh darn, I wish that place was still around. It was minutes from my house.

Quote:
GameKastle.
Hosting a gameday next month! Here's the thread for that. GameKastle is a great place, and we'll see how well it handles a gameday soon. The other issue is GameKastle is here in San Jose, which is just that much further for some of the outlying crowd. Their online calendar notes that they indeed are available though.
I'm very intrigued with this place! Don't know if I'm attending that event, but I'm eager to know how the Kastle's playroom is for a large group of 'Scapers.