Thread: Decision 2016
View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Decision 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Policing is built on trust, and I would not blame the black community in many cities and towns for being fearful.
It is a terrible and dangerous mistake to have a dialogue of this type with any discussion of "blame" at the beginning. It is a disservice to all.

Though I will say that I thought Clinton's handling of this question in the debate last night was surprisingly thoughtful and subtle. I don't think I've ever heard any politician (certainly not a white politician) address race relations in such an articulate, compassionate way. And given her shortcomings - essentially, an absence of charisma and maybe compassion - I am as surprised as anyone that I'm saying that about her today.
I used the word blame as a turn of phrase. I would say I understand how they feel. That said your analysisof clinton response is concurred. Understand and civility is the path forward. UnderstandING that citizens may feel betrayed or fearful and moving ahead to build trust is the only way people can heal.

Those do not seem the sentiments of trump.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs