View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Leesville, Louisiana Tournament 2014: Gauging Interest

A big question is whether or not to allow the VC: C3V and SoV. As the overriding goal is to have people attend, differing opinions on the VC make allowing the VC a potential problem. I personally like the VC and own a handful of them, and I find them very supportive to the original game while bringing interesting concepts to the table that go right along with classic units.
However...
I also have another reason for allowing VC:
Most players in my area typically play one of my armies for lack of their own collection, and the few who do have their own collections do not own very much beyond a master set and a handful of expansions. Expanding collections is a very tricky matter, as 'Scape is out of print and it is hard to find a good deal on the original units. The point of allowing and encouraging VC is to give players easy access to 'Scape units whose figures are still in print and available.

To my potential attendees (if any): What do you think?

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.