View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Season 3 of Deadliest Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
http://bshistorian.wordpress.com/200...rrior-my-arse/

A very funny blog on the historical ......"accuracy" of the show.

Also always wondered where the "software" came from - and here's the answer....

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/bl...bat-simulator/
Gee, that guy really hates Deadliest Warrrior . My brothers and I find Deadliest Warrior entertaining, but by no means educational (the most you really learn from that show is what a sword does to a pig). We are all into history so we know a lot about each warrior already but also ever since I heard one of the "ninjas" was actually an actor. I also think it is ridiculous that they would have an episode with Saddam Hussein and Pol Pot considering both were very evil men and neither was a frontlines warrior or real fighter at all and it seems like they just use the episode to generate controversy and media attention for the show.

All in all, lots of what was mentioned in the article I've been aware of already, but I still watch the show because I think it can be pretty entertaining and my brothers and I try to predict who will win. (But honestly, how does a Persian Immortal beat a Celt?)
I think more the issue comes from the selection of weapons that are not even appropriate coupled with the fact that the "simulation" engine is from a crappy game.
Those were hilarious! I watched a bunch of the first season, it was entertaining. But a lot of the "tests" were just too dumb, and all the trash talk was too freaking annoying.

And hey, there's doubts that ninja ever even existed, so it can't really be historically accurate at all. And of course a pirate will beat a knight, knights became obsolete because of guns. Without even reading the articles, you can use common sense to show how stupid the show is!!

But they were great reads! I wanna get that Rome game and do my own Deadliest Warrior, haha!