Thread: Sports: NFL
View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

It's worth noting and remembering that the incidence of accusations of domestic violence, drunk driving, drug use, et al, for NFL players is not really any higher than it is for other men their age. They are just more famous so we hear about it.

If I were accused but not yet convicted of a felony, I would not be surprised if I were put on leave or fired. Some states do have protections on employment, but I work in an "at-will" state, and no cause is required for me to be let go. If I were considered a disruptive presence at work that would be enough.

Last edited by dok; September 16th, 2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Actually I can't be "fired" without cause, but I can be "laid off". Only difference is things like unemployment benefits.