View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: B96's Maps-Revised Highland Road Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Sorry, I've already played my report for next week. It was actually done quite some time ago, which is why I have the outdated version. Hopefully my feedback can still be taken into consideration.

I'm definitely with everyone else on the aesthetics end. It has a look of a very well polished map. The LOS blockers are very well placed. The use of the the right types of terrain in the right places really makes a difference in the quality of a map, and you did it right.

I may be alone on this, but I'm not a fan of water in the start zones. To me, it feels like the map-maker kind of just ran out of tiles building the rest of the board and had to reach the 24-hex limit, so he threw in the leftover water tiles. Now, your map is not like that at all, and the water makes sense where it is placed. However, the large 24-hexer, completely uncovered does look quite a bit like where the starting zone should be. I think that in a tournament environment where the starting zone are not always clear, many people will do this instead of following the irregularly shaped starting zone.

I couldn't come up with an easy way to fix this though. The way that the zones are allotted now is fine, but they might make more sense if the sand three hex space was part of the start zone, and the front three spaces were not. It'd make an easily seen line the start zone border.
Yeah, I had originally had the 24 Hexers as the start zone, But I just Can't forget Kevindola's Zelrig. I HATE Zelrig. like this It is Zelrig Proof.
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I really Appreciate it!

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments