View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: B96's Maps-Revised Highland Road Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I may be alone on this, but I'm not a fan of water in the start zones. To me, it feels like the map-maker kind of just ran out of tiles building the rest of the board and had to reach the 24-hex limit, so he threw in the leftover water tiles.
Always interesting to see other people points of view. I love water in the SZs, and often include it intentionally to punish Squadscape armies that pack the SZ (figures starting in water spend an extra move to step up to level 1).
Quote:
The way that the zones are allotted now is fine, but they might make more sense if the sand three hex space was part of the start zone, and the front three spaces were not. It'd make an easily seen line the start zone border.
Then the glyphs will be imbalanced again. If there might be an issue with SZ confusion, it should be up to the TD to see that it is corrected (making sure they get marked or leaving build instructions near the map as a key are both easy solutions).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)