View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I have a level 4 ninja(Moriko) going solo(Cleared two areas of my custom campaign). So far, she has destroyed:

Area 1:
1x Fyorlag Spiders
2x Earth Elemental
3x Swog Rider
1 Feral Troll
Boss: Gurei Oni

Area Two:
1x Dzu-Teh
4 Greater Ice Elementals
Boss: Nerak(Was buffed by more Treasure Glyphs than the GIEs.)

I have a rule for this run that, if Moriko dies, she can start over from the beginning of the area, but loses ALL Treasure Glyphs from that room she collected on the previous run. After this, I'm running an all-ninja/rogue party(Adding in Mika, Shiori, and Kumiko).
Oops, missed your post. Thanks for the report! I love hearing how the heroes perform.

So what kind of rules are you going by for your scenarios? Do you have a link of this custom campaign or did you make it up on the fly?

Using Treaures Glyphs can be a bit tricky, since they adding extra to your stats and abilities can quickly make you more powerful. I'm gonna start writing up something for treasure, loots, and purchasable items. The key is making stuff accessible, but not too easy to obtain. Purchasable items you have to work for, loot requires a lucky die roll, and automatic treasures requires strict limits to the number available (like less than 1 per Hero). Losing all of your treasure if you die is a good way of balancing that I suppose, as long as the area you are in is tough enough to be a threat of dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Some suggestions:

1. Add in more mounts! And maybe even make a mount an extra ability your character can get once they reach level 4(Without spending skill points on it).

2. Add in kyrie and elementals as races.
1. I could easily make a mount a purchasable thing. Problem what to do with the figures. I was thinking something like being able to purchase Brunak or Theracus would be a good option.

3. I was planning on it Both will probably come with the 3rd Expansion , the 2nd being the Horror Fantasy, which I haven't even started yet.

1. It's a campaign series that I've been developing for a long while(It has a prologue with a generally set party and a regular campaign with a party chosen by the player). I wanted to see if I could make a large multi-area campaign using roughly all of the terrain I own(2 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, 1 TT, 1 TJ, and a bunch of snow, sand, grass, and rock tiles from small expansion sets). I'm just using the prologue campaign's area setups for my HoS runs. The special rules more come into play in the actual prologue campaign.
2. Ironically, the bonus power granted by the TGs is balanced out the more heroes are present. I somewhat balance out their power in the area structure by how many enemies are in an area.
3. Can't wait! I was also kinda hoping for the ability to make an Anubian character, so this news is very welcome! Heh. I'm just picturing the coolness of a Jandarian kyrie paladin.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....