View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2012, 05:18 AM

BrandonD is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Red Skull

My friend has just started to incorporate the Marvel characters into our regular heroscape game. I'm having a tough time getting on board with this change because the point cost of the marvel guys doesn't really seem to coincide with the point costs of the regular heroscape guys, and this guy seems like a prime example.

Compare him to Kato Katsuro. They are similar in that they can both activate other armies anywhere within clear sight. Though Kato costs 10 more, his activation is restricted to samurai, he has no range or special powers, his only advantage to counter all these relative disadvantages is that he has 1 extra defense.

Red Skull can activate any hero, has range and a special power, as well as the same life as Kato.

I don't see why they are of relatively equal point value. If anyone who is more experienced in marvelscape would like to explain why Red Skull should cost less than Kato, I would much appreciate it.

I'm not hating on marvelscape, I just hate to see other characters falling out of play because they now seem useless.