View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2006, 10:38 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
In light of our most recent events and in line with this topic, I wonder if anyone here has good alternatives / suggestions for ways or places to meet with fellow gamers in a public location outside of our homes? Atleast until a personal face-to-face relationship has been establised.

I was recently in the local Ihop (yeah, so? I like the chocolate chip pancakes.), when I saw a group of guys in the back playing magic the gathering. They did this once a week. Now one of the guys knew the ***. Manager and MtG is a little less room intensive than HS but it got me thinking. Maybe there are certain major chains out their who, during slower times, would be happy to have some gamers visit them from time to time.

Anyone else have any other ideas on locations?

Bannister

PS Yeah I know it put in the stars, but I thought it was funny so I left it.
The big book store chaines like Barnes and Noble allow this sort of thing.
One of the best place I know of is your local library. Libraries almost always have meeting rooms that you can rent out. This is a very public option for open gaming. Typically they are a little cleaner than some of the game shops I have played in as well! I am hosting an event at a library here in PHX. The room holds 40 people and costs $5/hr. The event is going to be 5 hours, so that is only $25. I am picking up the tab on the room, but I am sure if you have enough people to chip in, it is a very inexpensive, safe, clean, public place to play. The only downside I have come across so far is that you can't bring food in the room.

--Lonewolf