Old September 27th, 2010, 11:02 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Re: SoCal Slaughter! 2010 attendance/prizes plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Actually, the ruling is that you can attack you own figures. Which can be useful for instance when getting rid of a unit afflicted with lycanthropy or boosting Krug's attack. This was brought up most thoroughly in discussion of the Deathreavers and scatter. Since you can attack your own figures an errata was required to not allow a scatter when a rat attacks a teammate.

Quote:
SCATTER: After a Deathreaver you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, you may move any 2 Deathreavers you control up to 4 spaces each. (Hasbro FAQ)
The bold portion implies that you may attack your own figures.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I just want to know, is there any special tournament rules I should know about? Detrimentalman was telling me in the event I went to that there was this rule that if a character is flying, it has to look forward or something. Any other rules like that? It will be my first time playing in serious tournament so I don't want to look like a noob lol

What I said was that there was some kind of rule for double spaced figures and I couldn't remember what it was, but that it didnt matter since you had none. I knew it was something about how they landed. The rule that I couldn't recall correctly is that a double spaced figured would count the landing space as two whether they were landing on one or two slippery/heavy terrain. In other words you wouldn't count the landing as 4 only 3, one for flight and 2 for the one front space (which is where I got confused about the front).

I think it is very clear logically that you may attack your own army based on the rules (which don't expressly forbid it and further by the language on the cards). If you are not able to attack your own troops the errata would not be necessary for the rats and other figures that distinguish an opponent's attack from your own when defending. This is the exact argument I made to you the other day wnfb.

1. If you can not attack your own troops then the only attacks would be from opponents.
2. Certain abilities stipulate that the attack must be made by an opponent in order to use them.
3. If you can not attack your own troops then there is no reason to clarify if the attack is from an opponents figure or not.

Therefore, you may attack your own figures.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...

Last edited by Detrimentalman; September 28th, 2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Fix quote