View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM

variDice is surprisingly tart
Re: HS-Cards - a card making application for Heroscape

I agree now. The font size is much bigger in my application, and the font they are using seams to be slightly thinner as you said. Another thing I saw almost immediately is that the Marvel card's ability section seems to be slightly wider. I will experiment on this and see what I can do.

EDIT: After looking at the images side by side, I have discovered a few things.

1. The marvel card has almost 25% more space for text, due to clever image manipulation by Hasbro.

2. The font used on the marvel card is actually not quite as wide as the one used on other Heroscape cards, but that is mostly because the font size is actually smaller than it is on other official cards.

3. In my app, it uses Helvetica at a size of 13. It should be Helvetica Neue at a size of 9.

After looking at that, I compared the changes I made to an official, non-marvel card, and found that it was correct. Thanks for sharing that, ollie.

EDIT 2: I have just tried to change the default size and font in my application, but it does not work properly. For now, you will have to set it manually. I plan to have an update done tomorrow, and that will be one of the fixes.

Last edited by variDice; June 15th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.